cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FMCA ?

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's time for me to renew my FMCA membership & I am not sure if I will...I have AAA RV Plus & Good Sam...is there anything FMCA can do that I don't already have? As for their tire purchase, I can beat their prices on my own..
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
9 REPLIES 9

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
FMCA also has Tec Connect. Truly unlimited 4G data for 50/month and with the merger of Sprint and T-Mobile Verizion may well no longer have the best coverage map.. T-Mobile coverage map is ... Not many gaps.

No need to belong to FMCA for the T-mobile $50/month unlimited 4G.

:W

You might want to read the fine print on that T-mobile contract.
I have T-mobile and I get 100 Gigs of full speed ahead then if the tower is busy I get slowed down.. that's on the phone. On the hotspot application the limit is about half that.

Now I do get unlimited. just not unlimited high speed

The Tech Connect is unlimited full speed ahead high speed. (4G though I think... (I've not noticed a great increase since I went 5G last month. though there are other advantages to the new phone, disadvantages too, same as always)

It *is* unlimited. (4G)

*Maybe* it gets throttled - but hasn't happened to me.

*Never* have paid more than $50. per month.

Works for me...whatever works for you is dyno-mite!!

:C...:C

~

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
FMCA also has Tec Connect. Truly unlimited 4G data for 50/month and with the merger of Sprint and T-Mobile Verizion may well no longer have the best coverage map.. T-Mobile coverage map is ... Not many gaps.

You might want to read the fine print on that T-mobile contract.
I have T-mobile and I get 100 Gigs of full speed ahead then if the tower is busy I get slowed down.. that's on the phone. On the hotspot application the limit is about half that.

Now I do get unlimited. just not unlimited high speed

The Tech Connect is unlimited full speed ahead high speed. (4G though I think... (I've not noticed a great increase since I went 5G last month. though there are other advantages to the new phone, disadvantages too, same as always)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MAC
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I will renew mine either
2016 Monaco Dynasty P 4 slides and 600 HP
Pace FL near Pensacola
Life member

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Their Medical transport plan
Some not all that great discounts on things like tires
2 nights a month at Round bottom FMCA campground (Very nice by the way stayed there once before my rig got totaled) near Cincinnati. Pay after 2nd night.
TEC-Connect (Sprint 4G up to 100Mbps usually less now uses both sprint and T-mobile towers)
FMCA rallys.
Just to get started.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

Coverage maps are BS.....thats why they all have a disclaimer in the fine print. Ask any business who relies on cellular, such as sconstruction company, and you won't find many using anyone other than Verizon or AT&T. There is a reason for that, and it's not price.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bet that GS and AAA can't give you this for 50 bucks a year. It is included in your dues, not an extra payment.
FMCAssist Program

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I keep it for the travel-assist. (Medical emergency evacuation). Which is free with the membership
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH