Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: If you bought your RV on payments from General RV.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> If you bought your RV on payments from General RV.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From one of the YouTube channels I follow...The guy is Steve Lehto and he is a lawyer in Michigan who covers lemon law an consumer protection cases.

This is his video covering this topic.

State Investigates Fraud Claims Against Huge RV Dealer - Ep. 7.460

It is interesting that in all the cases (that he spoke about in the video), All of them had these "smudges" where important information (i.e. What you owe) should be located and how the numbers didn't add up.

Can't wait to see what the final outcome will be when this is all said and done...

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/21 10:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The crime they are committing is forgery/fraud, and I hope they throw the book at them. I think they figured by the time the buyer discovered the balloon payment they would be long gone and out of reach of the law.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Ok people. The numbers (payments months) were changed after the people signed. They signed for 240 months and then after the customer left they changed it to 120 months with a balloon payment after the 120 months. To me it sounds like a salesman and the finance guy had something going. Not sure if General RV is involved, but they cut their own throat when they said “we didn’t do anything wrong”! Sorry, but your name is at the top of the paper work, so you definitely have a big part in it. Hopefully General RV steps up and figures it out and makes it right for their customers.

It looks like the contract was altered after it was executed. I am just confused on the end game. Are these cases where the finance department could not get approval without a big balloon payment? Maybe a bigger kick back if it is not a straight amortizing loan. Just curious what the motive was.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/21 04:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Ok people. The numbers (payments months) were changed after the people signed. They signed for 240 months and then after the customer left they changed it to 120 months with a balloon payment after the 120 months. To me it sounds like a salesman and the finance guy had something going. Not sure if General RV is involved, but they cut their own throat when they said “we didn’t do anything wrong”! Sorry, but your name is at the top of the paper work, so you definitely have a big part in it. Hopefully General RV steps up and figures it out and makes it right for their customers.

It looks like the contract was altered after it was executed. I am just confused on the end game. Are these cases where the finance department could not get approval without a big balloon payment? Maybe a bigger kick back if it is not a straight amortizing loan. Just curious what the motive was.

Are you sure it was altered? The customer's copies show the 119 and 1 payment. Indeed it is stamped over the 240, but why didn't the customers question this?

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/21 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

steveh27 wrote:

mich800 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Are you sure it was altered? The customer's copies show the 119 and 1 payment. Indeed it is stamped over the 240, but why didn't the customers question this?

Like I said they changed it after they signed. So they never went back and checked.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/21 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

steveh27 wrote:

mich800 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Like I said they changed it after they signed. So they never went back and checked.

Correct, you can see the original and then the typed over change on the carbonless copy.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/21 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

steveh27 wrote:

mich800 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Correct, you can see the original and then the typed over change on the carbonless copy.

But the owners have the copy with the 119 and 1 balloon payment shown. EVen though they are stamped over the 240 they show the amounts for the balloon payment. Why wouldn't the buyers question this before taking the rv?

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Because that's a copy. They signed an original that did NOT say that. It was modified after the fact. Then they received their copy. Who looks at the copies after the fact?

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/21 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

Because that's a copy. They signed an original that did NOT say that. It was modified after the fact. Then they received their copy. Who looks at the copies after the fact?

If that is what happened then there is fraud.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/21 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

10 yr money comes at a lower rate than 20 year money. Not at all uncommon to make payments on a 20 year rate but a 10 year due date to get a lower rate. I see this all the time. Not as a deception but something agreed by both parties looking out for their own best interests. No contract was shown in the original video so I assume the customer was not fully understanding what was signed. If the contract was materially changed, the RV should have been returned immediately. Customer can refinance any time they please on most of these contracts.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> If you bought your RV on payments from General RV.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.