cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front Landing Gear

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advice as to which lubricant is being used on the front landing gear and how often the maintenance is being completed. I have read numerous things on the internet but would like to hear from seasoned fifth wheel owners.

Is there anything you tried that was a mistake?

Safe Travels Everyone!
6 REPLIES 6

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the information. I should have included we have The Lippert 3.0 system.

Again, thank you for your input!

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the a dry lube on the drop legs and the electric part has grease zerks on them so I just use what ever I have in my grease gun.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

When I had the electric/telescoping landing gear I used a dry lube... Didn't want sand and grit attaching to the lube and binding anything...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
I use a dry slide type silicone spray when the legs start getting stiff. I have the manual drop leveler.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same question as above.
I just lubed mine last night. It is the old electric screw dive type that I have to level myself. As to how often I do it, when I start blowing fuses when running the nose of the trailer up, it's time to add some fresh grease.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of front landing gear do you have? Mine is hydraulic and part of a 6 strut self-leveling system that I just periodically spray with silicon and wipe off.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE