cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clam Shell pop up screen room

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a clam and am pleased with it except I want to figure a way to carry it on my ladder. It is 7' tall and weighs 35 lbs. I do not want to cover the tail lights so it has to go on the left side of the ladder some how. I have a milk crate for the bottom and I cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon plastic paint bucker to contain the top but my issue is how to attach them to the ladder so I do not leave it laying in the road.......
5 REPLIES 5

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
The NRS straps Sjm9911 linked are great. I have them in 3,4,6,9,12 & 15 foot lengths. I used 1- 15 footer and 1- 9 footer to lash my 16 ft canoe to my truck rack. I also used the shorter ones to secure pipe and lumber to the rack.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
These are heavy duty, and you can get them in diffent sizes. I would have a bottom plate or something so it dosen't bounce out. https://www.amazon.com/NRS-Heavy-Duty-Strap-Pack-IconicBlue-12ft/dp/B082LW2X9T/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=NRS%2Bstrap%2B5%2Bfoot&qid=1620866362&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

dedmiston
I'm a big proponent of ratchet straps (or "motorcycle tie-downs" as they're called in our house).

Using beefy zip ties for this is just a waste of plastic.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bungee cords, ratchet straps, duct tape, tie wire, zip ties, rope (if you know how to tie the right knots)..., or am I missing what you're trying to accomplish?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
They make very large heavy duty zip ties.
Look on Amazon
Use several to insure a degree of redundancy
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!