cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best route Provo, UT to Grand Tetons - Help!

speediq99
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello,

Towing a 32ft trailer.
Can someone tell me the best route/time from Provo to Tetons? Traveling on Monday May 17th and hoping to avoid big mountains passes/hills, traffic and narrow roads. Looking for most comfortable driving plus/minus 30 miles.

Thank yo

MC
4 REPLIES 4

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
The best route is the Google Maps suggested route from Provo to Evanston, then to Alpine, WY, and along the Snake River into Jackson.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

dedmiston
Take the 80 to Evanston, and then the 89 north to criss-cross across the Idaho border until you get there. It's a pretty drive.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
I just put it in google and got a very decent route meeting your expectations I believe. You will have to travel 16 up to 89 (US Highway) and then US 191. The "sketchiest" part in relation to your criteria is 16. But, Take a look at some random spots on 16 on google street view, and you will see it is not heavily traveled pretty wide with shoulders...

That seems like a relatively easy day trip... IF you have somewhere to land. Frankly Jackson sucks...for air... There is a place (Headwaters/Flagg Ranch) in between the Tetons and Yellowstone that isn't cheap but has full hook ups and quite a few and is NOT a parking lot if you know what I mean... Makes a decent base camp. the dirt road west can be fun also.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Google Maps has 3 routes all within 34 minutes of each other. If mountains bother you stick to the Interstate routes. For me, I'd take the most direct route as it's also approved for truckers.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE