Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone with info on Newmar 3927?

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey all,
I'm possibly interested in this new toy hauler style motorhome front diesel. Noise doesn't bother me, I previously owned a funmover 39c toyhauler front engined c7.
A little concerned about carrying capacity and no knowledge of newmar quality.
I found a spec sticker online, shows with the 8k generator, beds in back, full fuel no water, propane carrying capacity is 2800 lbs. Full propane and water is 729 lbs. That brings us to 2171 lbs for cargo and people.

2 bikes 260 lbs 500exc and 468 lbs 790r is 728 lbs
3 bodies , driver, wife, kid 450 lbs
Gear, cloths books, ect for each. 240 lbs
Cookware, misc tools, inflatable kayak. 250 lbs
Food. 150 lbs
Handy in head math. 1518 lbs
Real tight at remaining 653 lbs
Kids bike option. 196 lbs
So now. 457 lbs

Tow a Jeep Rubicon mostly stock. 5500 lbs.
This newmar seems as capable as the old enduramax and 5500 based chevy duramax products of the 2000's. My F750 funmover 39c had another 2500 lbs on the carry capacity. That older unit with a c7 cat also had 860 ft lbs torque. . and it still never met a hill it liked ?? Also carried a rzr. Miss it now that I'm retired so the newmar got me curious.

Not sure the newmar is there yet. The engine has 700 ft lbs torque, so more a revver. (Why? 6.7L cummins get over 1000 ft/lbs in other apps) I suppose I could forego the bunk beds in back, maybe the 3rd AC and save 3, 400 lbs. I do like the layout and more home style comfort.

The funmover always had something broke. Lift mechanism, generator belt, engine issues (heui pump, compressor, etc) Slide mechanism.. If the newmar is better quality it may be a good fit.

Thanks for any help,
2 REPLIES 2

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar builds the house, someone else builds the chassis. The choice of chassis varies. I can vouch for the quality of my Newmar house, it is built by Amish craftsmen to top furniture quality. Solid maple throughout. Appliances are the same as used in most motorhomes and they and the choice of chassis are not constructed by Newmar.

My Newmar has over 4,000 lb. cargo capacity and 6,000 hitch rating.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar is top quality.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE