cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV pulling a tow through San Francisco

blazenpm
Explorer
Explorer
My bad, I knew that 5 did not go through S.F. but 101 does. I do remember going through that downtown area and yes watch your lanes. I think I will go around and avoid San Francisco. We are headed for the Sonoma County Fair grounds.
5 REPLIES 5

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Go up the eastern side of the bay and catch 101 above the Golden Gate Bridge.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Flute Man wrote:
I went right through the center of San Francisco and across the Golden Gate bridge. No problem at all.

Took 101 going north it my 38 FT motor home pulling a jeep - never again roads were very narrow - next time I go around
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Lots of stop and go but you sit higher and can anticipate. Changing lanes is a pain so be prepared way in advance. Idiots will cut you off in a second and jump up next to you seeing that much space available if you are trying to change lanes.

Don't worry, you will get through it in 4-8 hours. Ok, maybe two or three.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I went right through the center of San Francisco and across the Golden Gate bridge. No problem at all.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
With the extra miles, time and the toll of $6.00 per axle, the economics say drive through San Francisco.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad