Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Alpenlite community

Seabeckiantrave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Just purchased a Limited Series Cheyenne 950. We are excited to hit the road! Looking for a Alpenlite community forum to get tips and tricks, and to start a dialogue with fellow Truck Campers. My folks owned a Security in the 70's and I remember some great times. Now, at last, I'm retired and ready to travel
9 REPLIES 9

run100
Explorer
Explorer
Alpenlite (Western RV) made excellent products. Their campers and 5th wheels were both considered higher end units. Quite a few years ago, I had the opportunity of touring their factory. It was sad to see them go under.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

Seabeckiantrave
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate the feedback folks!

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Alpenlite 1150,its been a great camper. Its A 2000 model and I've owned it about 16 years.The only issue I've had was the right side wing became soft which I rebuilt using pressure treat wood then a coat of fiber glass.I believe it was one of the first aluminum framed campers. Good luck with yours.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I actually haven’t heard anything bad about them. As others have noted, most of the potential issues /troubleshooting of RVs is pretty similar.

Still, probably a good idea to check all of the caulking/dicor and replace as necessary.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
A buddy of mine had an alpenlite and he loved it but like my old coachman ranger it was a leak machine. Beautiful though. Good luck with your new camper.

Seabeckiantrave
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, AnEv942! Look forward to going through the information.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Realistically, I don't think you are going to find a dedicated community for an obscure, out-of-production truck camper.

Any "tips and tricks" that apply to any camper will apply to yours. It seems like a pretty generic camper, standard construction, common appliances, nothing special.

So what's wrong with this forum?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Pretty sure OPs Alpenlite is a truck camper
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Seon
Explorer
Explorer