cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rv Park with Pine trees

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions. We would like to get away in June and we are looking for a nice clean RV park with lots of pine trees. My husband loves to sit outside in the pine trees.
We are from Northern Arizona so you can see why pine trees are a nice change. Having a lake and things to do in the area would be a plus. Prefer to stay in the Western states since we will be heading across country to Florida in August.
We are retired so time is on our side. Nice private sites would be great instead of bumper to bumper sites and full hook-ups.
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Janet
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow
27 REPLIES 27

summergames84
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™re currently camping at Roadrunner RV Park in Red River, NM. The upper loop where we are is the adult section and among the pines. Red River is a nice small town with surprisingly good restaurants. The river is running now due to snow melt.
2019 Winnebago Forza 36G
2018 Ford F-150 4x4

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all your help

Janet
2012 Equinox tow

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is also the Black Hills in South Dakota, but it will probably be tough getting a reservation now.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why not just buy your own CG with pine trees ? Pine Valley CG
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer

Adventure Bound Camping Resorts โ€“ Cape Cod, North Truro, MA

Lots of pines at this campground and in this area of Cape Cod as North Truro is almost at the end point of Cape Cod, lots of wind & dunes make for an intresting geography.

Just incase you venture out our way :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I follow. You're from Northern Arizona and would like trees for a change of pace? Much of Northern and eastern AZ is heavily forested. Bullhead city is in the desert so I can understand that! Easiest would be to head to Williams on I-40. We love Grand Canyon Railroad RV resort but it doesn't have a lot of trees. Just down the road is Circle Pine which is forested. Williams is a fun route 66 town with lots to do. Grand Canyon is not far, Bearizona animal park, Deer Petting Zoo, lakes and more nearby.

Near Williams is Circle Pine.
Near Alpine is Coronado Trail
Near Flagstaff is Woody Mountain

If you do not need full hookups, many of the forest service campgrounds are heavily wooded such as Rim or Ponderosa.

Eastern AZ has some of the most scenic campgrounds. Big Lake, A1 Lake, Horseshoe and many others.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
There's a beautiful pine-woods section in one of the 5 campgrounds in Peninsula SP, Wisconsin - should you ever head that way.
A second on Ponderosa SP in Idaho!! Love that place! The RV section has big sites and full hookups (amazing for a state park) and the "feel" of pine trees throughout.
NFS campgrounds in Island Park, Idaho (Buffalo, Upper Coffee Pot, etc.) - some with electric hookups, some without.
Not pines, but Seeley Lake, Montana has some beautiful wooded sites, as do some of the campgrounds just west of Glacier NP.
Collier Memorial State Park in Chiloquin, OR has some lovely wooded sites. Not far from Crater Lake - a bonus.
Colter Bay RV Park, Grand Tetons - spectacular! (And hookups, to boot!)
Agreed also on the (far) northern California redwoods area.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
Funny, we always avoid sites with pine trees as the sap gets all over the truck and trailer. Maybe all pines are not the same with dripping sap but whenever we parked under them it's usually a mess.

Dan

Interesting. That's our preferred and probably where we camp the most and never have had a pine tree sap problem other than on our hands when chopping downed wood for a fire.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about the Piney Forest in Texas

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Mike134 wrote:
JANETRUPP wrote:
Looking for suggestions. We would like to get away in June and we are looking for a nice clean RV park with lots of pine trees. My husband loves to sit outside in the pine trees.
We are from Northern Arizona so you can see why pine trees are a nice change. Having a lake and things to do in the area would be a plus. Prefer to stay in the Western states since we will be heading across country to Florida in August.
We are retired so time is on our side. Nice private sites would be great instead of bumper to bumper sites and full hook-ups.
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Janet

He doesn't like all those fabulous Ponderosa Pines in parts of your state?

Been all through our state and use to be full-time. Trying to find some new places where we may have over-looked. Let me clarify..we don't need to park right under the trees but would like to be in the feel of the trees. Maybe around the park or within the area. Where we live is mostly cactus, which is beautiful in it's own right but want something different. Just trying to get some ideas where to take the MH since we can not get on all the cruises we booked so will do our land cruises at this time. We are lucky to have the option.
Thanks again
2012 Equinox tow

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
JANETRUPP wrote:
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Janet

He doesn't like all those fabulous Ponderosa Pines in parts of your state?
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
Maybe all pines are not the same with dripping sap but whenever we parked under them it's usually a mess.
Pines are the worst, but almost all trees are dirty and noisy when the wind blows. Twigs and junk falling out of them onto your roof. I've even had squirrels tossing pine cones at me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, we always avoid sites with pine trees as the sap gets all over the truck and trailer. Maybe all pines are not the same with dripping sap but whenever we parked under them it's usually a mess.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Need a like button on here, lol. Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. I am checking them out and trying to make an itinerary.
Thanks again,
Janet
2012 Equinox tow