cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracfone Top Up from Canada

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
We are Canadians, we have a Prepay Tracfone and it runs out June 1st this year. We put $100 US on it every year for a year extension and it rolls over the existing time to it. I tried to add another $100 US on it thru the Tracfone website but it seems ok but does not go thru.
I wonder if other Canadians might have Tracfones with time still on them and what they do.
I hate to lose my minutes, I have a lot and to start all over again when we finally get back to the US would be a bummer.
I guess I could call them but in calling in the past I end up in a call center in Guyana, S-America and its extremely difficult even though the center talks English to understand the person. I have heard that one can call a Tracfone number in Miami which would get around that difficulty in understanding the language.
Anyone else in Canada have Tracfone and renewed their airtime without any difficulty?
Thanks for any help!
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.
19 REPLIES 19

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
No Politics or it goes away, Forum Rules.
pawatt

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
moisheh wrote:
If Trudeau was not involved the border would be open in a month
I bet the USA will open their border soon. But then Trudrau would want to fine Canadians that cross
A $5000 fine for unnecessary travel during the pandemic sounds about right.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
If Trudeau was not involved the border would be open in a month
I bet the USA will open their border soon. But then Trudrau would want to fine Canadians that cross

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
They let me put mine on hold. I'll update it if we can travel this winter.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Canuck Travellers wrote:
Thanks everyone for their replies.
...I guess it was my Aeroplan Visa that somehow would not go thru I think because of the ZIP/Postal Code issue....have no idea why but I tried another TD Card and it went thru

Thanks for the responses....Ernie

I am glad it worked out and you didn't lose your minutes.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
Canuck Travellers wrote:
curt12914 wrote:
Glad you were successful ! Now if we could just get that border opened up...

Thanks!...Right on with opening the US/Canadian Border but I am totally surprised how in the last few days the access to the vaccines has multiplied, if it keeps on I would think the 75% HERD Immunity critical point will be reached much much sooner, we have been gone since mid March 2020 and had to pay our lease fees, pay for bushes, weed control, house checker etc., for 2020 and of course couldn't get to Florida....like throwing good money after bad but hoping good news is in the works!
....Ernie

Sorry to be way off topic here, but I feel your pain. I have a daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids that live in Quebec about 15 miles from us and less than 1000 feet from customs. My daughter and grandkids work and/or go to school in NY State, so we see them a few times for a few minutes, but it certainly isn't the same. They also own a house in NY (less than a mile from their home in Quebec) that they haven't been able to work on for a year.

I have a neighbor that owns a camp in Quebec that wasn't able to use at all last summer. Luckily he has neighbors that mowed the lawn and looked after it, but it still makes it tough.

I am ready for the border to reopen !
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
bobfrombc wrote:
if you have or access to a VPN with a USA web address you can access your TracPhone account and add $$.
works for me.

Thanks, that could be an option next time....Ernie
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
curt12914 wrote:

Thanks!...Right on with opening the US/Canadian Border but I am totally surprised how in the last few days the access to the vaccines has multiplied, if it keeps on I would think the 75% HERD Immunity critical point will be reached much much sooner, we have been gone since mid March 2020 and had to pay our lease fees, pay for bushes, weed control, house checker etc., for 2020 and of course couldn't get to Florida....like throwing good money after bad but hoping good news is in the works!
....Ernie

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
if you have or access to a VPN with a USA web address you can access your TracPhone account and add $$.
works for me.

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Glad it worked out

... Eric

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for their replies.
I used Chat this morning with a rep but they referred me to a person in Tracfone that called me a few minutes later, not too bad English, rep was in the Philippines. I guess it was my Aeroplan Visa that somehow would not go thru I think because of the ZIP/Postal Code issue....have no idea why but I tried another TD Card and it went thru, only negative was the last card the lad forgot to use the PROMO...oh well it was $15 US so anyway not a big deal, happy to get the Account renewed, it did add 1200 Minutes, 1200 Texts and another 1.18 GB Data so we are good to go....if and when the US border opens.

Here in NB they are vaccinating those turning 18 this year. I looked at the NB Site and if one was 18 and looking at the site at 8AM this morning one could get Pfizer or Moderna at 10AM at the Coliseum the Vaccination Government site.....Amazing.

So if that keeps up everyone that wants a vaccine should be able to get it almost immediately. My second one is early July. Saying all that I think the border will open sooner than anticipated as the US authorities being ahead of us are calling for opening it up much sooner.
Thanks for the responses....Ernie

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Michael, I was thinking of trying that, might be better than voice communications....Ernie

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not from Canada, but we have 3 Tracfones, one for my wife and one of each kid (almost 20 and 18). Calling Tracfone is a pain. Since they added it to their website, I have always used Online Chat for help and find it much more useful. Just don't mention that you are in Canada.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)