cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 v GC batteries versus 12 v lithium deep cycle batteries

str8shooter_mn
Explorer
Explorer
Disregarding price, is there a distinct advantage having 12 volt deep cycle batteries over the standard 6 volt golf cart batteries. These are for house batteries, have four, wired to provide 12 volts. On a Thor Tuscany pusher.
68 REPLIES 68

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
On and on and on, someone just doesn't give up so I don't blame him for leaving.
I don't know what you're talking about.

A certain member that kept edging on other members for no real reason.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
On and on and on, someone just doesn't give up so I don't blame him for leaving.
I don't know what you're talking about.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
StirCrazy wrote:
BFL13 wrote:

Beats me how you know you are getting it done if it doesn't show on the monitor. You LFP guys can sort that out.

Most BMS have active ballancing built in, if it is a cheep one you can buy an actyive balancer and put it on in adition to the BMS. so it ballances every time it charges. the BMS has a wire for each cell and compares the voltage of each cell and does the balancing. if you have a bluetooth BMS you will be able to see individual cell balancing. this get a little more complicated when the manufacture uses cylindrical cells as you are seing groups of batteries so they are not being ballanced individualy but rather by clusteres. say ~25 cells per cluseter to make up one 1/4 of the battery depending on cell voltage and such. its a much simplier process when you just use 4 prismatic cells to make a battery.

I didnt realylize there was 2 pages of other stuff after this when I responded to it.....

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
2oldman wrote:
OP is long gone.

Perhaps you might consider the broader LFP topic historicity that extends well beyond this single thread??...I provided just one such link within this thread... If not for this trail of grifter-like* post history, trust that I can truly understand and appreciate your sage point...

*routine misinformation - see link...

3 tons

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if the op left or just didn't come back after the they posted it in another section of the board before it was moved here.

5/14 posted @ 1056, 7 replies that day
5/15 19 replies
5/16 30 replies
Today 6

Not one follow up question and maybe they got the answer they needed? If not as the orignal poster with questions and the thread starts to go astray from your question that might not be answered put the thread back on track to question asked or a new question that might of arised from the responses.
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
OP is long gone.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Faux โ€˜Red herringsโ€™ (from the disinterested) comes to mind - the ghost (endless subterfuge....) of SiO2 promotion - JMHO

3 tons

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
Some folks give to much worry into the bms, it's a pretty straight foward protection of the batteries operations.

These threads at times do seem to wander but if your can separate the wheat from the chaff the nuggets of info are there. ๐Ÿ™‚
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, I just did a search on the topic of โ€˜BMSโ€™ and found that 24 pages came up, along with a few Manufacturer and Youtube links...Wizardry demystified??....NOT!! :B lol :S
3 tons

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
OP is long gone.

As is authentic enquiry - sadly, discourse again corrupted (hacked?) via an insurmountable black hole of BMS โ€˜gotchaโ€™sโ€™ !!
:R

3 tons

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
OP is long gone.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good BMS monitors voltage at the cell level. I can't know what Trojan features include. Although I would assume it would monitor at the cell level as that would be how the top balancing would be determined. In normal use I would not go below 12.5. At that point you are off the cliff.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got the (wrong?) idea the BMS cut off at 9.x (just below the depleted voltage of 10.0), was taken from the total voltage, so if un-balanced at 9.x total, one cell might be lower than one cell should be into cell damaging low voltage.

That could be wrong, so not meant to be bogus info, only a question up for clarification.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.