Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: External Holding Tanks for Extended Boon Docking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> External Holding Tanks for Extended Boon Docking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
adamis

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

That sound overly high for septic install. It was under $3k for design and permitting of mine. Then it depends on the type of accepted design for cost:

Gravity $5-10k
Two chamber pump $10-15k
Sand trap or mound $20-25k
Aerated or chemically dosed $20-30k

It is a guestimate but my sister went through this in the same area and it was around that. Part of the high cost is we are looking at a 5 bedroom house and a 3 bedroom shop so 8 bedrooms total. It requires over an acre of leach line according to the county. I haven't gotten quotes yet but will probably start looking at it next week. If I have way overblown the guestimate then great, I'll just do the septic and be one with it.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will find different pricing in CA, than in other states.
Not only labor and fuel cost is higher, but CA require special soil mixes and special rocks mix for leach field.
I have septic tank in Las Vegas and from what I can observe, they just backfilled leach field with native desert dirt.
But I don't think you need to build leach field for 8 bedrooms at start.
I would get bigger tank and do smaller field, adding to it eventually down the road.
What I also noticed between CA and NV is that CA is mostly having clay dirt, so they protect the tank from ground water entering.
In NV desert sucks whatever you give it and nobody worries about good tank sealing.
Totally different principals

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

adamis wrote:

It is a guestimate but my sister went through this in the same area and it was around that. Part of the high cost is we are looking at a 5 bedroom house and a 3 bedroom shop so 8 bedrooms total. It requires over an acre of leach line according to the county. I haven't gotten quotes yet but will probably start looking at it next week. If I have way overblown the guestimate then great, I'll just do the septic and be one with it.

I would suggest building separate systems , one for the house and one for the barn . If there is ever a need for repair or rebuild you would have some backup . For the short term look into a dug privy if allowed . For the small use you are talking about it would last for years . Not all locations allow them but many do .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> External Holding Tanks for Extended Boon Docking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.