Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Coffee Survey
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
oliviaolivv0101

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Honestly, I don't drink coffee at home. Usually when I went to college I bought coffee near that and there it is incredible. But when the pandemic started, I stopped going to college and drinking the most delicious coffee. A few weeks later, I found a dream job (because of this, I turned to https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/profile/writer/grab-my-essay-0121-166193 for help with studying). Near work I also found a cool cafe where a very tasty latte is served. I am very happy that I started working and drinking coffee there, because I adore coffee!

* This post was edited 09/19/21 11:55am by oliviaolivv0101 *

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some time ago one of the TV networks or one of the magazines (Been long enough I forget which) did a Coffee Taste test.. They did a whole bunch of different brands.

The winner.. A&P's 8:00 brand (Whole beans fresh ground)

I was "The Bagel Dad" for a musical origination my daughter was First Flute in.
Also one of their recording engineers but that's another story.

Well one day they had rehearsal followed by performance same venue.

The bagel Dad is first to arrive and makes the coffee...
I hit Meijer's and their "Gormet" whole bean collection for a Breakfast Blend

Normally I'd make a big 30 cup coffee maker's worth and toss a pint or two after practice,, that day I made 3 pots. GOOD COFFEE.

In both cases.. FRESH GROUND is the difference.
My "Tomorrow" cup of coffee... Is still whole bean. won't be chopped till tomorrow (Kinfe Mill type grinder, Would rather have a burr grinder but alas. Don't have one)

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/21 11:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At a Doctor's office they served light roast with coconut flavor in it, Pretty good.
Strong coffee is good if it is not muddy like mot coffee today ground to be in filter paper and hot water run through it.
If I can see though it it is not suspended mud. Light roast seems to best of the kurig types. The A&P 8:00 brand keeps popping up here. I don't know where to find it. I'll have to get a different coffee pot other than one that uses coffee packed filters.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/21 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like a variety of single sourced coffees.Ethiopian, Sumatra, and Kona are my favorites. Whole beans, medium roast. Either drip or percolator coffee maker. The Kona we get direct from the roaster on the farm, the others from a local roaster.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indian Monsooned Malabar is a taste you have to try. Needs to be roasted just into 2nd crack,and then rested three days to bring out the nuances.

Diamond c

West ky

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favorite is good ole Maxwell House in an old fashioned perculator over an open fire.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/21 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like I said,Do you like coffee or just drink it.
For those that just drink it (grocery Kuerig instant) just once go to a local coffee shop,Certainly not a charbucks or other chain, ask for a single origin cup,and then you will find what coffee should taste like.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Needs to be roasted just into 2nd crack,and then rested three days to bring out the nuances."

Riiiiiiiiiight. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

Indian Monsooned Malabar is a taste you have to try. Needs to be roasted just into 2nd crack,and then rested three days to bring out the nuances.

Source for Indian coffee pls?

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/21 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've yet to roast anything finer than high elevation finca arabica from Chiapas, Mexico. My roaster is an eight-foot tall adobe oven fired with guisache firewood, which imparts an extremely subtle smokiness to the beans.

I am only permitted to buy coastales (gunnysacks) of green beans from this finca because I saved their butt by repairing an old Pacific Fruit Express Detroit diesel generator several decades ago, then set them up with a low RPM diesel in 2002.

When curing roasted beans, the atmosphere cannot be too humid nor too dry. And every damned bean has to revolve top to bottom. I cured that by making double screened driers to let the air pass beneath the beans. I give away small sacks of finished beans to poor families. They brew it by rolling the beans on a molcajete. Then inserting the grind into a NYLON STOCKING and into near boiling water. Pedestrian Mexican Combate and San Marino ground coffee in a can would never pass muster in the USA.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.