cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco R4R Brake Rotors

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Neptune has had the right front brake lock up a couple times and my mechanic has found blackened spots on the rotors. They do not appear out of round and did not pulse when stopping. He wants to replace them, I agree, but we don't know where to look.

I've searched the internet and all literature I have and don't see much on the hydraulic brakes.

Is there a source for the rotors or a supplier that would help or whatever.

This is on a 2003 Neptune 300ISB 36foot. The coach only has 64,000 miles and I have had it for only 4 years. It seems to have been taken care of but all that is unknown.

Thanks for whatever help I can get.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi
2 REPLIES 2

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do know that it is a Rail chassis and is a R4R. That is already know. I was looking for the help you have given. Hoses are not a problem as other parts will be replaced or rebuilt but which rotors was the problem area.

Thanks for the help.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
He needs to be looking at the Caliper for the lock ups. The rubber hoses are another thing that is overdue according to your issues. Do you not know who made the chassis. Doug might stop by. I take it your mechanic does not work on RV or he would know what chassis it has and to look at the other components also. Looking on their site it is a Roadmaster Rail Chassis. It either has a propane gen or a diesel.

http://sourcerv.com/RoadmasterR4R_FMC1109.pdf

Your coach should have the Roadmaster R4R (rail chassis). You will have one of the following rear differentials: DANA S-150, Rockwell RS15-120, Eaton 15040S, or DANA 80. Because Monaco built those chassis themselves with outsourced parts from various suppliers, the braking systems can vary. Once you know which rear differential you should be able to know which brake system you will need for the rear.

These guys will or can help you with the front brakes.
https://www.hendersonslineup.com/monaco-repair-service