Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Wanting to install Ceiling Fan in Bedroom
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Wanting to install Ceiling Fan in Bedroom

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Hikerdogs

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We installed one in our 2001 Adventurer and ordered one from the factory in our 2013 Adventurer. In the 2001 I centered it over the bed in the bedroom. No additional bracing was required, and power was extended from the original 12 volt overhead light.

The original light had a switch on the wall so I replaced the light with one that had a built in switch. The switch on the wall would put power to both units and the light could be turned on independently from the built in switch.

Be sure to locate the fan so that it can be run with the slides in ( our 2001 didn't have a slide) and the cabinet doors can be opened without interfering.

I would also suggest getting one with a remote control rather than a pull chain. That way the fan can be turned on or off and speeds can be changed without getting out of bed. It will also minimize strain on the mounts induced by constantly pulling on a chain.

I installed the fan in our 2001 in early 2002. We put over 12 years and 110,000 miles on the unit before trading it in on the 2013. It was still quiet and working fine when the motorhome was traded in.

Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Blaster Man

USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be sure it will clear the slides.

2014 American Eagle

chuckftboy

Fleming Island, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/21 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you decide on a ceiling fan I recommend one that is reversible. Ours is quiet and moves more air in reverse due to the ceiling height but it still has the wall switch and no pull chain or light.

2019 Horizon 42Q Maxim Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Gordon1152

Mission, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/21 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just installed two 12v Trusty 36" ceiling fans with remote controls in my coach and they're working out great for us ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Wanting to install Ceiling Fan in Bedroom
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.