cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kudos to Toledo Mobile RV Repair

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
So let me start off and explain. I was having troubles with my slides (hydraulic) running and stopping and eventually they just stopped. Battery was fine. Thought it might be the self resetting circuit breaker but if it keeps tripping, something must be wrong. In April, on way home from TN, the slides starting coming out on their own as I was traveling down the hiway. Called Lippert and then stopped and Lowes and braced the slides with a 2x4 on the inside. made it home. Got home, Unhitched, 1st slide wwent out a foot and then nothing. Called Lippert and learned how to override the slides (not hard to do). Called dealer because I had an extended warranty. Because I was 3 hours away, the warranty place said I could go elsewhere plus the dealer said they could get me in on May 28th. I called a mobile rv person near me and he recommended Toledo Mobile RV. Had to call Lippert to see how to override the 6 point levelers (again not difficult) because that quit too.

I called them and they said they could get me in the beginning of May but due to the work, I would have to bring it in. Not bad, only an hour away. Dropped the rig off and Sam said he was busy but he would look at as soon as he could. Less than 2 weeks go by, he calls and tells me the breaker kept tripping and it was drawing over 51 amps. He ended up having to replace the the whole pump assembly and a few other things. He called the warranty place and submitted the diagnostic report and called me two weeks to the day after dropping it off and said it was done. I owed my deductible and a little more due to coverage limits I guess, etc. I went there the next day, (yesterday) and picked it up and it works great. They even kept the rig locked up and secured the kingpin.

Normally, I do not buy extended warranties but with a residential fridge and the hydraulics and 6 point leveler system. Warranty company paid almost $2900 for the repairs and that was a lot less than I paid for the warranty.

So, Kudos to Sam at Toledo Mobile RV. They were very helpful, quick (and he apologized for taking so long--had to laugh because its back and if I went to the dealer it would still be broken for another 9 days---plus who knows how long THEY would take.)
3 REPLIES 3

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
dblr wrote:
Glad it worked out for you and also nice to see a post when something good happens. If you can post your review on the RV Service review web site for other folks to see as well

Thanks for the advice. I just tried and I was getting some type of Microsoft error when I submitted. I will look later to see if it shows up. I believe in speaking up when someone does good work as good customer service should be rewarded and others should know too so they can make a wise decision where to go or not go.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it worked out for you and also nice to see a post when something good happens. If you can post your review on the RV Service review web site for other folks to see as well
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you had such a great outcome. Our last experience with a mobile tech was fantastic as well when we had landing gear issues trying to head back home from the KOA in Wilmington, NC.

Our first experience was a Virginia c/g and it ended very good as well.

Some of them really know their stuff.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL