Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Membership "card"?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Membership "card"?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
RognBon

Roseville, Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/21 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Received my roadside assistance package today and GoodSam should be ashamed. A printed "card" on regular stationery paper. We used to get two plastic cards so the wife and I each had our own. What are we supposed to do, make our own copies to carry with us? You certainly can't carry it in your wallet and expect it to last for very long. Since GoodSam discontinued the roadside app, which was unusable anyway, they just continue to go downhill. Also, you no longer receive a member benefits brochure. Instead, you are told to look up the benefits brochure on line. What a joke GoodSam has become. This is how you reward a member of 20 years.I will be calling tomorrow to inquire about receiving a refund on the membership.

RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

Janss

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/21 09:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You're lucky. After I renewed, I received an email with the "card" on it. Front and back of "card" printed on the same sheet of my own basic copy paper. I guess I'm supposed to cut it along the edges and fold in half and try to keep it nice in my wallet. At the bottom of this email was written:
"IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is your membership kit, all membership materials are now delivered electronically." etc. etc.

Oh...and the two sides of the "card" that printed, though both have dotted lines around them (for cutting?), are not even the same width.

Maybe we could keep a photo of our "cards" on our cell phones.

* This post was edited 05/19/21 09:49pm by Janss *

2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 10:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the other hand, the last thing I need is another card to carry around with me. I just look up my membership number in my email when I need it. I do keep a printed copy in the glove compartment, along with a copy of the road side assistance numbers (printed in large print so I can read it without my glasses).

Janss

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/21 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The glove box...good idea! I'll keep a copy in each of our 3 vehicles along with our insurance and registration papers. Thanks!

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Burlington Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 03:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just scan it and send it to your self by email so that you have it on your phone. Just leave the document in your 'saved' folder.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/21 04:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put all cards in a Notes folder on my iPhone, stored in iCloud. Important ones are then locked using Face ID for security. Heck all my insurance, vehicle registration cards either come electronically or on thin stock paper.

My DW however simply uses a lamentation machine to preserve the documents and puts them in her wallet.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ADAD437

Jeffersonville,Ind., webster,fl. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/21 05:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you have to have the plastic one to put in the card reader at the pump.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit
">

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Road service card at the pump? Never heard of that.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello RognBon,

Thank you for time and post.

Please note that for your convenience and to help reduce some waste, we have recently stopped issuing plastic membership cards for Roadside Assistance and Travel Assistance memberships for a few reasons.

• We have gone digital. There is no longer a need to carry cards with you; just program the info into your phone and go.
• This is better for the environment as it is creates less mail and less plastic.
• Based on customer feedback regarding having too many cards, this consolidates the need for all the cards.
• Less to carry in this digital age.
• Digital cards keep costs down so we don’t have to increase prices of our programs.

Should you ever require service, you need only to provide the primary phone number on the account or your membership number and we can quickly locate your membership and provide service.

Please save 800.947.0770 in your contacts in case you are ever in need of service. You no longer need physical cards to receive service! You can always refer to the email, your phone or if you prefer, print the cards and store them in your glove box.

You can also log in to your account at https://www.goodsamroadside.com/members/account/signin/ at any time to view/print your cards and your membership brochure.

If we can assist with anything else, please send us a private message with your contact information.

Thank you.
Amy
Good Sam Care Team

Janss

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/21 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ADAD437...You are referring to the Good Sam Club membership card, which is still plastic (at least the card I got a couple months ago is). We are discussing the Roadside Assistance membership card.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Membership "card"?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.