Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Storage Fire

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canyon Lake Storage Fire

I sure am glad that I store mine at home.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
10 REPLIES 10

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
2oldman wrote:
From reports on here I see way more mishaps, theft etc at storage lots.

Than fires?
Than tornados?
Than nacho chips?

What's your point?

Like all the media mostly. Itโ€™s the bad news that gets reported and seldom the good news.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
So how did the fire start (I don't wish to read the article) Was it an RV that started it or was it something like defective wiring in the storage barn?

According to the article, the cause of the fire is under investigation.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
So how did the fire start (I don't wish to read the article) Was it an RV that started it or was it something like defective wiring in the storage barn?

The start of the fire may well be liable for all damage no matter the boiler plate "We are not responsible" contract.. You need a LAWYER to figure out who pays.. I'm not one. so the only legal advice I can give is "Call one, or two, or..." Well I do have a joke about how to pick a lawyer

(Open yellow pages and take big black marker, Cross out every law firm you see, or hear and ad for.. pick one from the two remaining) (And remember it's a joke)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Probably because it's more noteworthy when 20 RV's burn up in an RV storage lot than when an RV parked next to a burns up along with the house so it's more likely to get posted here.

My sister lost her RV in a house fire, it was parked alongside the house. They were out of town and the entire house + RV were engulfed in flames by the time the fire department got there (called in by a neighbor). They thought they lost the cats too, but they went to the house with the insurance adjuster a couple days after the fire and the cats showed up for food. They have no idea how they escaped the house.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I too hope everyone was insured.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2oldman wrote:

Than fires?
Than tornados?
Than nacho chips?

What's your point?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Read the fire department press release. They sent cavalry and it wasn't enough. As a retired firefighter, I know that wasn't an easy job, especially the overhaul phase with that collapse.

Sad for all the owners, hopefully all were insured and will be made whole.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
I carry insurance.

Just as easily, you house could catch fire and burning embers start your MH on fire.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I sure am glad that I store mine at home.

I hope Karma doesn't come bite you in the butt! Friends of mine had their TT destroyed by a falling tree at their seasonal site. Just because you don't store it off-site doesn't mean it's exempt from danger. It's sad to see so many go at once. Whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]