cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body wraps

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have information getting a full body wrap for a motorhome versus full body paint ?
Cost
Durability.
We have some bubbling spots on the paint that need repainting. We were quoted outrageous amounts for the work. Am considering getting a full body wrap instead.

Any experiences or advice would be welcome.
10 REPLIES 10

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 27 ft class A and was quoted $8,000. Not sure I want to spend that kind of $$, but gel coat is in bad shape and chaulking badly. Previous owner did not care for it well.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Horsedoc wrote:
As hard as that protective film on the front of my coach is to get off, I sure as heck would not put it all over the coach

Wraps are vinyl and can usually come off without damaging the paint. Nothing like the films they put on the front of MH's.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
As hard as that protective film on the front of my coach is to get off, I sure as heck would not put it all over the coach
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wraps are becoming pretty common even on very high end cars. It's easier and cheaper than painting, and you can get some creative details that's also easier than painting. I have heard though that wraps typically only last about 5 years.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

ronbiel
Explorer
Explorer
A full body paint is expensive also but will last longer than a wrap.

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
I was about to comment that $22,000 seems expensive, especially for a vehicle that is mostly flat surfaces.

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
An area fire department just had their "new to them" 90' ladder truck wrapped. They spent about $5000, which included all the lettering and logos. It looks great and I am sure no one would paint a truck like that for that kind of money.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Most people go from decals to paint, for a good reason. Sounds like you want to go from paint to decal. Probably not so good an idea.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! For that much i would say scrape it, get a sticker and call it a day. It will not look good. But evertime i saw it i would think of the 11,900 saved. After that who cares what it looks like.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a friend do a vehicle and it cost him $15 per sq foot. The stuff came from 3M, was 60 inch wide. No pictures. I could not tell it was not a high end paint job.

Nascar uses it on many of their vehicles. I think you are looking at $22000 plus installation unless you are going to do it. Remember it will not last as long as high end paint.

I am sure you have some high end shops that does this out there.