cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
For this year's Easter dinner, I wanted strawberry shortcake, but as a diabetic wasn't about to eat real pound cake. So I came up with this one, and it's marvelous.

Keto Cream Cheese Pound Cake

12 servings

1 ¼ cups almond flour
¾ cup of sugar substitute (I used Lakanto monkfruit for baking)
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
4 large eggs
3 ½ oz full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 if using a glass pan). Grease an 8” cake pan or 8” loaf pan (works best with the loaf pan).

In a medium-sized bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl using an electric mixer, blend on high the butter and sugar substitute until the mixture is light and fluffy.

Add the room temperature cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix well.

Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix well until batter is fully combined. Scrape into the pan and tap on the countertop to settle the batter.

Bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown on top. Cake will be done once an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

If making cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 standard cupcakes.

This recipe doubles or halves easily and freezes well. Store in refrigerator up to seven days. Freeze whole or in pieces/cupcakes up to 30 days.

Nutrition per serving: 102 calories, 9.6g fat, 4.8g saturated fat, 124mg sodium, 1.2 net carbs, .3g fiber, .3g sugar, 3.1g protein.

For the strawberry topping, I sliced strawberries into a bowl, added powdered monk fruit, then let it sit in the refrigerator until time to serve. The strawberries let out enough moisture to make a lovely topping. Those who wanted it got unsweetened whipped cream on top.

Twas delicious.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
3 REPLIES 3

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Magnus, it's so easy to buy a bag of almond flour that I haven't bothered to make my own.

Sagebrush, totally agree. I don't make it often, because it's just too good. But when someone needs an outstanding dessert, this is number one on my list.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks good. I read somewhere that you can make your own almond flour with blanched almonds in a food processor. Haven't tried it but probably will one day if I find myself wanting something to do.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
Thats a good one. I just can't make it too often, I have a bad habit of having a serving or two every day.