cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eternabond Tape

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering Eternabond for all caulked areas on our roof. For those that have applied the product are you satisfied? Realistically how long will Eternabond hold up to Mother Nature? Our fifthwheel is stored under a roof and is not subjected to the elements on a daily basis.

Appreciate your input!
10 REPLIES 10

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
We put it on critical seams 15 years ago. Still holding well.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used it for gasket/waterproofing electrical boxes on my power post at the RV shed
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the information. We really appreciate your input.

Safe Travels!

JWF
Explorer
Explorer
All the replies above are true and itโ€™s very easy to apply.
I covered all the seems and screws 3 years on mine and itโ€™s still stuck on like it was yesterday. I would recommend it to anyone that esker.
MichJoe
Roseville, Mich

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
It works. Rubber roof?
Know that the tape will not seal corners or sharp angles under it, so you might need to apply a dab of LAP sealant, maybe like a seam the tape goes over, and water can penetrate here.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago the edge of rubber tile was pealing up in the doorway between shop and bathroom. As a temporary fix, keep Dad from tripping, I used Eternabond.
Now this is not out in the weather, but gets walked on much more than a roof.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
Pretty much Eternabond will out last your roof, but make sure you put it where you want it, as it won't come off.

Eternabond can be removed, google it to see how.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No better product for an RV roof than Eternabond.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty much Eternabond will out last your roof, but make sure you put it where you want it, as it won't come off.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I patched a roof tear and did the seams with Eternabond on a previous motorhome in 2008, and as of a couple of weeks ago, the Eternabond is still in place and looks solid other than accumulating a bit of dirt over the years. The fellow I sold it to in 2013 said he hasn't had any roof leak problems since he bought it.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate