Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schwintek slide

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I'd like to ask those of you who are familiar with the Schwintek slide if you have found them to be reliable. I have read about failures and wonder if on long trips I should have a spare motor. Also I'm not clear how to release the motors so that I can manually push it in. I saw a video somewhere prevously but couldn't find it this morning. Most of the videos show how to override the controller which I am good with. Thanks
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
7 REPLIES 7

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
"Most" of the failures with schwintek slides were a combination of 2 things; the full wall slides were too big and heavy for the gear rails (that's why the fix on some units was to add an additional rail) and the box wasn't cut properly/square. Outside of that, slides that are the proper size and weight they seem to work fine and are reliable. But for a couple of years you could't give me a unit with a full wall scwhwintek slide.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Schwintek=Lippert. Everything they provide is as cheaply made as possible, and replacement parts are overpriced as much as they think they can get away with which is a lot, as most are proprietary. LCI is a big part of the problem when it comes to overall quality in the RV Industry.

On small slides Swlcwintek can be fine as long as the builder made the opening to size and square, used a correct number of bottom rollers, and installed the racks and drive assemblies correctly and in alignment. They get it wrong often.

On a large or heavy slide good luck. Think about it. A 14' long full height kitchen slide that weighs 600 to 800 lbs or more driven by two motors, each smaller than the one in a cordless drill.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Old Days wrote:
We have one, they work great on small side outs.

x2. after 5 years, it still works good, knock on wood.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Three trouble free years here also. Just make sure you hold the button for 5 or 6 seconds after the slide stops moving. Also make sure that it isn't on a large slide. My BIL has a Schwintek slide on a large slide and we had to fight it to get it in one time, but I don't think he has had any problems since.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Three years - no problems.
Newest ones are better than older designs.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
This might help https://blog.campingworld.com/rv-basics/how-to/how-to-operate-a-schwintek-slide-and-troubleshooting-...
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have one, they work great on small side outs.