cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rhematoid Arthritis and KneeTransplant

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
2015 It was found I had proteins associated with RA in my blood but no one not one Doctor at VA informed me of this.I found out at ER visit a few days ago. Last year in Flagstaff the technician showed me the bone scan and the black dots n in the marrow of the lower leg bone that are RA.
This year sent outside for another not as sophisticated bone scan,in Tn the tech showed me the areas that are arthritis but...The Doctor said everything was fine. Wanted $572.00 for a test he said VA wouldn't cover for alergic reaction to knee replacement metals
Asked to see an Arthritis Doctor but no. So I'm going to outside Arthritis Doctor and have this addressed.
2014 the Doctor at a Sports medicine clinic, that everyone recommended replaced the knee and refused to address the pain and stiffness after the surgery.
If you are going to have a joint replacement ask questions.It is very apparent the metals in the replacement caused the Rhumatic arthritis in my lower leg. RA is an autoimmune disease and I don't know if anything can be done about it now.
2 REPLIES 2

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a knee replaced at the VA hospital in Durham, NC about 3 years ago and was going full blast after about a month and still am. My brother had one replaced a year ago by the VA but it was done at a hospital in Morgantown, WV. He is fine and is getting the other one done the end of July. I have had VA care in MD, NC, and FL and the VA has paid every time . Its called VA community care. They been taking good care of me for 60+ years now.....

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
If one does their exercises and physical therapy for a couple of months after knee replacement there should not be pain and stiffness. If you just sit around inactive afterwards, yes, there is pain, swelling, and stiffness. You got the new knee so you could function and live a normal life....so get to it!