cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

old topics

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
why are these old "stickys" up there? hensly arow is 15yrs old? and is a bunch of bs arguing ?
7 REPLIES 7

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
poppa wrote:
why are these old "stickys" up there? hensly arow is 15yrs old? and is a bunch of bs arguing ?
Why are you complaining about it? If I don't wish to view a thread I simply move on to a topic that I'm interested in.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
BarneyS wrote:
Anyway, the thread remains because it still applies, and people are still interested in that topic.
Barney

If we applied thought that to every thread with usable info, every thread would be a sticky.
Delta, Every sticky is there because the moderator of that forum thought it needed to be there. You have no idea how many inquiries both Les Adams (former TT forum moderator) and I received concerning the Hensley hitch and how it works. We both spent considerable time and effort answering e-mails and PM's about the Hensley hitch so we decided to make that thread a sticky. Most threads run their course and then people lose interest and move on or start a new thread about the topic so there is no need for a sticky. That is not the case with that thread.

The Hensely hitch has a very small following, and even less people will actually buy one due to the extreme cost. If someone wants to find info on it, they can search for it just like they are expected to do with other threads and topics.
Please see my original reply to this topic. Also, whether someone buys one or not has no bearing. Selling is not the purpose of that, or any other thread.

The thread would probably be of more relevance to be classified as a sticky if it wasn't a locked thread, or 10 years old.
I don't see why being a locked thread or age has anything to do with it. Everything in that thread applies as much today as it did 10 years ago and I still refer people to it from time to time to help them understand the hitch.
P.S. All forum threads are locked automatically after one year.

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
BarneyS wrote:
Anyway, the thread remains because it still applies, and people are still interested in that topic.
Barney

If we applied thought that to every thread with usable info, every thread would be a sticky.

The Hensely hitch has a very small following, and even less people will actually buy one due to the extreme cost. If someone wants to find info on it, they can search for it just like they are expected to do with other threads and topics.

The thread would probably be of more relevance to be classified as a sticky if it wasn't a locked thread, or 10 years old.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
LOL I see bs arguing on current topics. Nothings changed.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
It may be an ancient thread but it applies just as much today as it did back then. Also, since when is intelligent discussion considered bs?

Actually, the Hensley hitch is the same now as it was back then also. Fantastic piece of metal. I know because I used one for many years until just recently.

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put Dedmiston on it. He'll get it done. ๐Ÿ™‚
Puma 30RKSS

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
poppa wrote:

I wondered the same thing on that thread. It's ancient! I read though a bunch of it last fall, and the information was pretty much useless.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator