cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not sure if I have an issue or not...

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie with OEM integrated brake controller. Last weekend was the first tow of the year.

In the past I could have sworn that when the trailer was connected, there was a small trailer icon on the dash. Now there's none. Aside from that, everything appears to be working correctly. Braking is good, and all the lights are doing what they're supposed to, and the various trailer settings are still available in the menu.

I'm also noticing that the fog light indicator/icon is always on when the lights are on now too.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
15 REPLIES 15

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
On my 2017 Ram, it comes on initially in the center of the gauge cluster (where the digital speedometer and other info is displayed). It alerts you initially that the trailer is hooked up, but after that, it goes away.

It will come on again if you squeeze the levers on the manual brake for the brake controller.

Mike

I'm pretty sure mine does exactly this as well. It also shows the "no trailer" light momentarily after disconnecting the trailer.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Funny on the 2016 RAM SLT, I only get a message on the EVIC that trailer is connected and "Check Settings".

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my 2017 Ram, it comes on initially in the center of the gauge cluster (where the digital speedometer and other info is displayed). It alerts you initially that the trailer is hooked up, but after that, it goes away.

It will come on again if you squeeze the levers on the manual brake for the brake controller.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My Yukon had a trailer like that when tow/haul was "on". I am almost positive that my RAM truck just says "tow/haul", and I have to turn it on, it doesn't come on automatically when there is a trailer attached.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Nah, it's not that one. It's not a warning light so much as an indicator that the trailer is connected. When I would disconnect, there would temporarily be one like this.

2015 Ram 1500

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
TurnThePage wrote:

This is the light that used to show when the trailer was plugged in.

I gotta say, there is not a warning indicator light like that. I'm about 99% sure.
But when you scroll through the EVIC to the function that has that symbol (or similar), it displays the trailer brake setting and operation on the screen. Is that what you're referring to?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
rlw999 wrote:
That light near the 90MPH should be the Cargo light indicator, and the one near the 50MPH should be the Fog Lights.

Yep, I'm feeling pretty brilliant now. :S The fog lights are enabled/disabled by pushing on the knob that controls the lights. Somehow that got pushed, and I didn't realize. How I was able to get the fogs to come on and off by pushing the cargo light button, I have no idea. I could swear it worked, but what the hey.

Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll get a chance to connect to the trailer and that will be miraculously fixed too.

:B

Thanks for all the great feedback!
2015 Ram 1500

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Have you tried turning on tow haul mode on the transmission?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Your cargo lamp is on.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Have you looked in the owners manual?

You could try turning hooking up and turning on the truck...then go back and disconnect the cable with the truck running.

That might give you a warning light that clues you in on the location of the normal light.

On our 2008 F250, it does have a light that shows the trailer is connected and if the cable is not connecting right, it will give a warning about the trailer being disconnected.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:

Well, after a few minutes to actually look at stuff, the fog light "ON" indicator is near the 90MPH on the dial, and behaves as it should. Where as the light that concerns me is near the 50MPH on the dial. The owners manual led me to believe it was the fog light indicator, and it comes on any time any front lights are turned on. What is it?

That light near the 90MPH should be the Cargo light indicator, and the one near the 50MPH should be the Fog Lights.

Here's all of them:

120MPH - Rear Fog Lamp
90MPH - Cargo Lamp
70MPH - Parking Lights
50MPH - Fog Lamps
30MPH - Tire Pressure Monitor
10MPH - Diesel Exhaust Brake indicator

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer

Click For Full-Size Image.

Well, after a few minutes to actually look at stuff, the fog light "ON" indicator is near the 90MPH on the dial, and behaves as it should. Where as the light that concerns me is near the 50MPH on the dial. The owners manual led me to believe it was the fog light indicator, and it comes on any time any front lights are turned on. What is it?

This is the light that used to show when the trailer was plugged in.
2015 Ram 1500

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that placing the transmission in tow/haul mode would turn on the trailer icon. At least that's how it works on Chevys.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Does your RAM owners manual show one? Thatโ€™s where Iโ€™d start.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad