cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass Salt Lake City Utah

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll be pulling a travel trailer from Fillmore Utah to Delco Idaho I would like to avoid Salt Lake City are there any suggestions out there thank you very much for your help I appreciate all responses
6 REPLIES 6

dedmiston
Skipg wrote:
Thanks for all your help can you give a guesstimate on how much longer you’re rude would take

That's a freaky autocorrect.

I assume you meant to say "your route" instead of "you're rude".

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
While I, too, hate driving through SLC, I have found that straight through on I-15 is better than the 'bypass' 215 route. Last time I went through, most of the traffic slowdown was south of the city.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Skipg wrote:
Thanks for all your help can you give a guesstimate on how much longer you’re rude would take
According to Google maps it is 160 miles longer. 3+ hours.

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
If you take obgraham's route you will have a nice free FS campground at Angel Lake, just south of Wells. You won't be crowded either, as we have never seen more than two other rigs. Just you, the deer, and the coyotes at night.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
No. Just try for a less busy time (good luck with that!).

Or, if time is of no concern, US50 to Ely, US93 to Twin, and I84 to Declo. Nice roads, very quiet, but longer.