cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ute lake or Conchas Lk Stae Pks, New Mexico?

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. We will be traveling west on I-40, heading for FlagStaff, in our 31 ft. Class 'C' pulling a Toad. We want to stop a few days at
either Ute or Conchas Lake for rest and bike riding. Which would you'all suggest. Just need 30 Amp and water and dump station. We don't care for muddy water.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
7 REPLIES 7

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
We spent a few days at Santa Rosa SP. It wasn't a mudhole while we were there. It'll depend on the current rains in the area.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at Santa Rosa lake on Google Earth and it looks like a big Mud hole. Is it normally muddy water or was this just when they happened to take the picture? I'm really looking for the cleanest water. Thanks.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We will be staying at Conchas Lake for our first time in June. It will be on our way as we will go on up to Las Vegas, NM and Taos before going on to Vallecito Campground and Silverton.

We have passed by Conchas a few times on NM 104, but not in the last few years. I recall 104 as a pretty "lonely road."

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Either is fine, additionally Santa Rosa Lake state park is in the area and much closer to I-40 if that matters. Maybe on the way back you could stop and try the lake you didn't choose the first time around, every one has different ideals for what they prefer and I don't try to suggest or presume their tastes. We enjoy all the state parks here in NM, roomy sites, many with tables and shelters, all for $14 a night, definitely a go to for us when RVing close to home.

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
Conchas has a 'boil water' advisory listed on their website.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Conchas for the beauty, and Ute for the convenience. To add, if you went to Ute only it would be great.
However ... I would invest three days at Conchas.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Conchas for the beauty, and Ute for the convenience. To add, if you went to Ute only it would be great.
However ... I would invest three days at Conchas.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado