cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idaho/Montana Route 200

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm thinking of taking a ride on Idaho Rt 200 from Sandpoint Idaho to Sun River Montana after working my way North on Idaho Rt 95. We should be in that area toward the end of August. It looks interesting. Just starting to piece my way back toward Seekonk Ma.from that general area. We'll be running our 26ft Class C. Interesting sights, cool campgrounds and side trips suggestions are appreciated.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I only driven this route 1 mile east past the Montana State Line and turned around in October 2018 just to officially say I was in the state of Montana, thought it was a pretty good road overall for the short length that I driven it....

Ended up being a plan C route to visit my nephew in Sandpoint that I have not seen in 29 years as he relocated there 6 years prior to my visiting as this was my first time in Idaho as well...

The weather got so bad in central BC and Alberta late September with the early massive snow as I was delayed and had to also cancel Waterton NP along with Glacier NP on this plan B route consisting of driving into Montana and westbound 200 to Sandpoint, however that did not happen...

Ended up having to take the ferry back to Haines in mid October hoping the weather would hold up driving my camper home and getting up over the summit by the time I arrived in that area, as I got lucky when the Yukon had record high 60 F temperatures.

October 2018 - eastbound route 200 - Northern Idaho

Idaho - Montana State Line :

One mile east of Idaho Montana State Line :

A few miles along the lakeshore (westbound) - west of Clarke Fork :
1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you happen to continue east of Great Falls, 200 runs with hwy 87 for awhile in Montana, and on the western edge of Lewistown there is a town campground run by the Kiwanis that is free, but has a donation box. No hookups, but I would stay there again.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey Bob. Seekonk Speedway "The Action Track Of The East"!!!! OH yeah, going there this coming June 9th for the Super Modified 100 lap feature and 50 lap Midget race. Been going there since I was a kid. Great family fun.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
This is a lovely little private campground.
https://www.troutcreekmotelrv.com
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a pretty ride. Several campgrounds along the way. Did you ever go to the Seekonk race track?

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
From Sandpoint to US93 (north of Missoula) 200 runs in a broad river valley. It's an easy drive. Not a lot in terms of tourist activities. One state park with camping, Thompson Falls. I'm guessing there are forest service camp grounds in the surrounding mountains.