cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadians allowed across US land border for vaccinations

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
On CNN last night (Chris Cuomo), it was announced that Canadian citizens are allowed (via an agreement between Canada and US) to cross US border to be vaccinated; I've said this all along, and it should have happened a lot sooner in order to help Canada speed up its vaccination schedule to outrun the Covid contagion. In addition, Chris said a lot more vaccine is being pumped into Canada. The only thing left to be stirred into this recipe is a gung-ho corps of people out there ready to cover the country with syringes in heir hands. I may be seeing my friends back in Myrtle Beach sooner rather than later. We have greatly missed you.
16 REPLIES 16

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Boon Docker wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Poof!
It's all good.
I understand that only the opinions of the apparent RVnet majority will be allowed....

Just remember kids, this aint really about a pandemic anymore...
It's aboot control.

Stick your heads back in the sand and wait for your social security check to show up so you can go mask up and go OUT to dinner....

Hypocrisy is sometimes best viewed in ones mirror....

What has control got to do with offering vaccine shots? :?

Nothing at all. But it has everything to do with NOT letting people get vaccine shots like the Cdn government just did, even through they are so โ€œworried โ€œ about it.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Man I thought I saw this thread closed after my 2nd post got deleted!
Since itโ€™s apparent only sheeple opinions count, all Iโ€™ll say is watch out for the wolves!
(Especially where the sheeple have allowed them to overpopulate)

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
From CTVNews:

"TORONTO -- The U.S. is still far ahead of Canada when it comes to people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. But its vaccination rate has slowed considerably, while Canada has just surpassed America when it comes to one-dose vaccines per capita.

As of Friday afternoon, 48.95% of Canadaโ€™s total population has received at least one dose, according to CTVNews.caโ€™s vaccine tracker, compared with 48.2% of the U.S. population, as reported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

When it comes to full vaccinations, 37.86% of the U.S. population is now fully vaccinated, compared with just 4.83% in Canada as of Friday."

Its all in how you want to statisticly skin the cat. Both yes and no.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
noteven wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
If allowed into the US for a shot, what guarantee do we in the US have that the Canadians will immediately return to Canada and not roam the US?

I know, right?

You both know that per capita, more Canadians are vaccinated than Americans, right?

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
Poof!
It's all good.
I understand that only the opinions of the apparent RVnet majority will be allowed....

It's aboot control.

Stick your heads back in the sand and wait for your social security check to show up so you can go mask up and go OUT to dinner....

What has control got to do with offering vaccine shots? :?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Already going out shopping, to dinner, mingling in crowds, etc, without a mask. Welcome to the "Live Free or Die" state! Masks now optional for many places in NH. Other states are the same. If I'm not comfortable I mask up. If I am I don't.

Want to be maskless? Get vaccinated.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Poof!
It's all good.

It's aboot control.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
azdryheat,

I thought you wanted cdn tourist dollars???
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
If allowed into the US for a shot, what guarantee do we in the US have that the Canadians will immediately return to Canada and not roam the US?

I know, right?

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
The terms of the border crossing is explicit, cross, straight to the vaccination center and straight back to the border.

The gov. up here has said there will be โ€˜repercussionsโ€™ for anyone breaking those rules. The hint was that violations will be very expensive.

Bear in mind though, thereโ€™s no real restrictions on travel currently for Canadians in the US.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Shipping the vaccine would sure be a lot cheaper and safer, than moving people around.

In fact, fill up my fridge and I will haul it to Whitehorse for you, free, just pay the diesel bill. Just kidding.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Saw that one too. Meanwhile both sides suffer.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If we can assist our neighbor...great!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad