cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good beginner recipe for new initiates

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 10 year old grandson wanted to learn how to cook on cast iron like his grandpa does. So I had him watch this Kent Rollins video and set him up with his own griddle on the grill. This is an easy success that's tasty. He's hooked. :W
Famous Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger Recipe
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
9 REPLIES 9

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
2112 wrote:
I'll have to try the French onion dip with mustard and Worcestershire sauce. That looked good.

Can anyone tell the difference between certified Angus beef and any other quality beef? It seems to be a sales gimmick to me.

I bet the reason there is such a press to convince us how great angus beef is boils down to how much beef per hide.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried the onion dip and mustard slather on burgers yesterday. It was a hit. Now I have my own secret sauce.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Kent Rollins is always fun to watch.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
I'll have to try the French onion dip with mustard and Worcestershire sauce. That looked good.

Can anyone tell the difference between certified Angus beef and any other quality beef? It seems to be a sales gimmick to me.

A good, pasture-raised, grass-finished and humanely harvested steer tastes worlds better than the garden-variety "certified Angus" steer that only has to have 1/16 Angus parentage.

Yes, it's marketing.

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
re angus beef....once the hide is off, all beef is angus ๐Ÿ˜‰
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Explorer II
Explorer II

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the secrets is to put that bun on top of the onions and burger for added flavor.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I watched the video. Oh my, gonna have to make us some Fried Onion Burger Oklahoma style.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Great to start him off early.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu