cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVLock Keyless

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had any luck with the RVlock keyless locks?

I purchased one several years ago and the lock has not been very reliable. When it was under warranty RVlock did replace it. Then a couple years later I replaced the logic board in the part that mounts on the door.

I have a remote pad on the side of the trailer as the vintage I have did not have a indigrated keypad in the lock.

Right now I can not get the lock to operated with the remote keypad or the key Fob that came with the lock. I have replaced the batteries with known good batteries.

I see they have the new ones on sale and before I putout close to $200 to replace mine I want to know what results anyone has had with the current models of the RVlock.
10 REPLIES 10

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I've had all 3 models at this point.
All in all they are OK. But in general the entire thing could be more robust.
The key pads were out, I've had a circuit board replaced. Also had to replace a handle. This is on 3 locks over a 9 year period?
In the end I have been able to replace parts as necessary to keep the locks functioning.
While I'm complaining about the quality, I should mention overall I'm satisfied. I prefer the keyless lock to using the key. At this point I would hate to use a key.
The locks seem to give me 2-3 ears of service before somthing wears out and needs to be replaced.
RV keyless does a charge me for the replacement parts but they do a good job of diagnosing my issue over the phone. Replacement parts are generally reasonably priced and appear to be sold at a reduced price with minimal profit for RV keyless
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
Another alternative is the Bauer RV lock. We bought one, it died within a couple of days & they sent me a new one. It's worked fine for the last 4 years or so. When I researched brands it seems like they all have issues with the odd one dying early, but if they make it past the first few months, they're good for the long haul.

I'm not big on technology for its own sake, but we have the kids, inlaws and grand kids that come camping with us & it was a nightmare trying to keep up with the keys. An electronic lock was the perfect solution.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™re FT for 4 1/2 years and have never had a problem with the factory keyed locks on either RV, personally save the $$$ for fuel & alcoholโ€ฆ..

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
grizz272 wrote:
One came on our fifth wheel when we bought it. It never worked real well. I asked my dealer about them this year and his response was take the battery out and don't use it. The wiring is not strong enough to handle the roads yet because of poor designs.

Complete nonsense. We FT, and most people in our FT boondocking circle have them. If they were so poorly designed they couldn't hold up, all of us would be having problems... but none of us are. Since we're talking about extensive daily use and lots of BLM/USFS roads in addition to highways and poor roads, I call BS.

We haven't used a key to get into our rigs in years aside from the first day we had the TC. I immediately swapped it out and am very happy to have two less keys to worry about.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
One came on our fifth wheel when we bought it. It never worked real well. I asked my dealer about them this year and his response was take the battery out and don't use it. The wiring is not strong enough to handle the roads yet because of poor designs.

dedmiston
RCMAN46 wrote:
jshupe wrote:
I've had one for at least five years on my fifth wheel, and one for six months on my truck camper, and never an issue with either of them aside from the keypad membranes cracking, which they sell replacements for, for ~$10.

Your statements are in past tense. Does that mean you do not have one on your current RV and if that is the case why don't you have one?

"I've had" is present perfect, not past tense.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
After two that didnโ€™t work they wouldnโ€™t get $200 of my money, YOMV.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on both of the campers in my sig.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
jshupe wrote:
I've had one for at least five years on my fifth wheel, and one for six months on my truck camper, and never an issue with either of them aside from the keypad membranes cracking, which they sell replacements for, for ~$10.

Your statements are in past tense. Does that mean you do not have one on your current RV and if that is the case why don't you have one?

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer