cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Camper anti-rocking system

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any first or second hand knowledge as to whether this system is truly effective or not ??

https://www.stablecamper.com/stablization

https://i0.wp.com/www.truckcamperadventure.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/fullsizeoutput_13a8.jpeg?resize=1320%2C880&ssl=1
21 REPLIES 21

mt-ed
Explorer
Explorer
I got the stable campers for my rig. Even with my jacks retracted, I would get sea sick from the sway of my camper. With SC's it is "almost" like it is sitting directly on the ground. There is only the smallest movement now....most would say there is zero! I'm glad I have them!

650cent
Explorer
Explorer
burningman wrote:
A couple 4’ 4x4s and a set of jack stands will make a camper way more solid and secure than these jack braces ever can, for way less money and no waiting.

Don't know about you, but the space in my camper is not for carrying 4x4's and jack stands. The side stablejacks are compact and store in the basement and the fronts are up against the cab and never need to be removed. Sure they are a little pricey but so was the camper, and I like the value they offer.
Bill

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
A couple 4’ 4x4s and a set of jack stands will make a camper way more solid and secure than these jack braces ever can, for way less money and no waiting.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

wintersun
Explorer
Explorer
My camper when off the truck has always been lowered to where it is less than a foot above the ground and no chance of flexing of the legs. There is an assumption that the extra bracing is going to be attached to a solid part of the camper and often this will not be the case.

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
Got it all installed & just spent two weeks in it,....off truck.       What an amazing difference.       Not perfect,......but very darn close.      Easy install too.     

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks. I just pulled the trigger yesterday. Could be a 1 - 2 month wait for delivery though.

650cent
Explorer
Explorer
Made in Sandy, Oregon. The stabilizers work as advertised and its one of the best things I have bought for the camper yet.

Bill

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks MORSNOW Makes perfect sense now,..but I don't have that feature with our AF811,..even though it is the same manufacturer. Thanks for the input.
I wonder how long it will be before manufacturers start making campers & jacks that will ALLOW the bottom of the camper to actually make contact with terraferma to alleviate any sway at all. Would solve a lot of issues. ie; no more stairs needed,just walk right in,...until you load it back on the truck.

Highway_Runner
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed my Stablecamper rods this week and it certainly helps. They take out most of the wobble. I would spend the money again.
2015 Eagle Cap 1165
2016 F-350 Lariat 4x4, 6.2 Boss Dually, 4.30 Axle
Air Lifter 7500 XL w Rancho 9000s & Torklift Stable Loads

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
errante wrote:
Jshupe, not to change the subject but unless I missed it, you should post in a new thread about your solar panel layout.

It's mentioned in this build thread, but I stopped posting in the thread after a while. Didn't seem to have much interest.

The rack adds about 1" to the total height, with the AC unit tucked up between the rails -- we've put about 9K miles on the camper since adding it, without issue. It used to be a couple inches higher but I reworked it to hover just over the AC unit, to make up for the height gain I'll get from a flatbed I'm having built.

It has 5x360W REC Alpha panels for 1800W total. They're wired in series into a Victron 250/60 controller with a 11.8kWh 48V bank.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

errante
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jshupe, not to change the subject but unless I missed it, you should post in a new thread about your solar panel layout.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer

Works great. We also use them to stabilize the camper when removing or loading it in windy/gusty conditions by locking them in or removing them as you go through the process. Makes it much safer/ less risky.

We usually will lower the camper all the way down even with the StableCampers, but it's far more stable even lowered with them than lowered without them.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
Slymer wrote:
Thanks MORSNOW. Not sure what you mean about the storage area you mention. (front fender)

There is a bunch of space in front of the wheel wells (between camper and truck bed) that I have access to thru two doors on either side of the camper. You can see one of the doors in the pic above (plywood rectangle in the diamond plate). Anyone can store things here before and after loading their campers if no access doors.

Sorry, back on subject with Stable Camper
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Even when a TC is loaded, there is some space in front of the wheel wells and behind the wheel wells on most trucks. I think that’s what he was talking about.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member