Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Living full time on my land in Plumas or Lassen County
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Living full time on my land in Plumas or Lassen County

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/21 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might look at BLM land and National Forest Land in and around the 2 counties to use to rotate with your property stays. There are usually 14 day limits and distance between locations. It might require moving every 2 weeks, but can help stretch out your 4 month limit at your property. For lack of electricity you could invest in solar on your trailer. It can help you stay under the radar with the county while staying on your own property. As soon as you add electric, septic or sewage connection, well or city water, you gotta get those pesky permits and bills that draw attention to what you are doing.

Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/21 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the laws on mobile homes.
Because I’m thinking if you put a basic foundation in & removed the wheels, the TT would come under the mobile home rules?

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, TBC

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/21 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HMMMMM...Homeless people are living all over Cali and not in RV parks. I'm thinking that a properly installed metal cover would be suffice to park a trailer under.
Wait until you apply for a building permit---you might not be able to afford a home. Been there, applied for a permit, gasped at the cost, left the state, been happy ever since. Really happy.
Good luck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Living full time on my land in Plumas or Lassen County
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.