cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Montana

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Glacier National Park first part of August. We fulltime so in no hurry. So what in the state is a must see that has great campsites.Thank
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
21 REPLIES 21

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
We tried April 28 or thereabouts for week of June 14th. NOTHING showed available and hasn't since. The CG we have reservations at (Columbia Falls RV Park) has not helped with information either.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Land yachters what time do u get online to try for tix? I haven't tried yet cause we won't be there till 2nd week of August. That's another thing we worry about getting entry tix.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Not trying to hijack this thread, but very close to information I am looking for. We have reservations just outside Glacier in a couple of weeks for 5 days or so. We have not been able to get timed entry tix, (not available from the first day they opened site), organized tours are not accepting reservations and the Sun Road isn't open due to snow removal until first of July they think. Is is worth going at all? Not sure we can even get into park. Any advice is appreciated.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn, I hear you on that. We live on 15 acres basically in the country and have a neighbor lady who ******* about some kids who ride their 4 wheelers on their own property 2 houses down the road and also about any gunshots. When I was on my farm we had a couple who moved in 1/2 mi away. The woman bitched because the asparagus pickers started at 6 or 7 a.m. and woke her up

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
hornet28 wrote:
Horsedoc wrote:
I don't have advice for you, but it is interesting to note there is no Montanans replying a you are getting answers from as far away as Florida.
Personally, we found Montana a beautiful place no matter where we were.

They don't want you to feel it's so beautiful that you move there. Many do and then try to change the social things to where they left. My youngest son moved there in 2011 and doesn't let it be known he's not a native Montanan.
That happened where we lived in NY State, they came from the cities to live in the "country", about a year later they were crying for city water, city sewage, zoning followed, taxes took a hike, all the things we were just fine without.
Then we moved to Virginia, in a rural county, and it started all over again, if you want all the things you left behind, go back where you left and find it. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Mike_W
Explorer
Explorer
We had one destination, Glacier, and we only went there for the day. But we did a lot of exploring between Missoula and Glacier and LOVED IT ALL. The rapids running through downtown Missoula. Just sat and watched. Great food around there too. Then nearby rafting and zip lining. The cherries on the way up to Flathead Lake. Stopped at wide spots to just take it in. Not gonna move in, because I get that. But I love your state and I'll be back, to visit.
1987 Executive Diplomat 35
Sad Days
Sold my baby
๐Ÿ˜ž

137buck
Explorer
Explorer
One of the reasons we don't reply to inquiries like this, is we are over run with tourists as it is and if we put it up here where our camping spots are, that'll just compound our issues.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
hornet28 wrote:
Horsedoc wrote:
I don't have advice for you, but it is interesting to note there is no Montanans replying a you are getting answers from as far away as Florida.

They don't want you to feel it's so beautiful that you move there. Many do and then try to change the social things to where they left. My youngest son moved there in 2011 and doesn't let it be known he's not a native Montanan.

Man we know that feeling! We live in the country in a rural county. Folks wanting to 'get out of Atlanta' are buying property at asking price and causing taxes to go up. They will say, 'we like the freedom and atmosphere where you live'. Within a year they a pushing for new ordinances and zoning.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your suggestions.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
The state parks near/on Seeley Lake, not far south of the West Glacier area, are really nice. Bannack SP, sw MT about 20 miles west of Dillon, is a neat visit - an old mining town/ghost town but only finally abandoned in the 1960s so it's in better shape than many. They have a CG (state park), no hookups, but sites seemed rather small. We have a 28' and I'm not sure we'd have fit in there. (We camped at a private CG we like in Dillon: Countryside. Totally open, no shade, but nice view and pretty quiet.)
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We killed an entire day in the museum of the Rockies. Pompey's Pillar is an interesting but a short stop.
I can't find my log book for that excursion, so I might be back.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Virginia City is a neat stop,. Unlike some of the others I think there's a lot of beautiful scenery. Much of the eastern part of the state is pretty open so get more into the mountains for the scenery. The most important thing is get off the interstate and 2 lane it.