Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Montana
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/21 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have advice for you, but it is interesting to note there is no Montanans replying a you are getting answers from as far away as Florida.
Personally, we found Montana a beautiful place no matter where we were.

kknowlton

southeast Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/21 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The state parks near/on Seeley Lake, not far south of the West Glacier area, are really nice. Bannack SP, sw MT about 20 miles west of Dillon, is a neat visit - an old mining town/ghost town but only finally abandoned in the 1960s so it's in better shape than many. They have a CG (state park), no hookups, but sites seemed rather small. We have a 28' and I'm not sure we'd have fit in there. (We camped at a private CG we like in Dillon: Countryside. Totally open, no shade, but nice view and pretty quiet.)

caysea7254

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/21 08:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your suggestions.

Steve & Tara Smiley
2014 3500HD Silverado
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

hornet28

Muskegon Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/21 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Horsedoc wrote:

I don't have advice for you, but it is interesting to note there is no Montanans replying a you are getting answers from as far away as Florida.

They don't want you to feel it's so beautiful that you move there. Many do and then try to change the social things to where they left. My youngest son moved there in 2011 and doesn't let it be known he's not a native Montanan.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/21 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hornet28 wrote:

Horsedoc wrote:

They don't want you to feel it's so beautiful that you move there. Many do and then try to change the social things to where they left. My youngest son moved there in 2011 and doesn't let it be known he's not a native Montanan.

Man we know that feeling! We live in the country in a rural county. Folks wanting to 'get out of Atlanta' are buying property at asking price and causing taxes to go up. They will say, 'we like the freedom and atmosphere where you live'. Within a year they a pushing for new ordinances and zoning.

137buck

Deer Lodge MT

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/21 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the reasons we don't reply to inquiries like this, is we are over run with tourists as it is and if we put it up here where our camping spots are, that'll just compound our issues.

Mike W

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had one destination, Glacier, and we only went there for the day. But we did a lot of exploring between Missoula and Glacier and LOVED IT ALL. The rapids running through downtown Missoula. Just sat and watched. Great food around there too. Then nearby rafting and zip lining. The cherries on the way up to Flathead Lake. Stopped at wide spots to just take it in. Not gonna move in, because I get that. But I love your state and I'll be back, to visit.

1987 Executive Diplomat 35
Sad Days
Sold my baby
">

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/21 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hornet28 wrote:

Horsedoc wrote:

That happened where we lived in NY State, they came from the cities to live in the "country", about a year later they were crying for city water, city sewage, zoning followed, taxes took a hike, all the things we were just fine without.
Then we moved to Virginia, in a rural county, and it started all over again, if you want all the things you left behind, go back where you left and find it. [emoticon]

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

hornet28

Muskegon Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/21 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bukhrn, I hear you on that. We live on 15 acres basically in the country and have a neighbor lady who ******* about some kids who ride their 4 wheelers on their own property 2 houses down the road and also about any gunshots. When I was on my farm we had a couple who moved in 1/2 mi away. The woman bitched because the asparagus pickers started at 6 or 7 a.m. and woke her up

Land Yachters

Philadelphia

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/21 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not trying to hijack this thread, but very close to information I am looking for. We have reservations just outside Glacier in a couple of weeks for 5 days or so. We have not been able to get timed entry tix, (not available from the first day they opened site), organized tours are not accepting reservations and the Sun Road isn't open due to snow removal until first of July they think. Is is worth going at all? Not sure we can even get into park. Any advice is appreciated.

Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.