cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide out leaks when pulled in??

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Things to look for? I am convinced they are fully closing...

The horizonal seal seems to me to allow water to build up and go back into the camper?

Thanks for any help

Grant
2017 Ford 350 SRW
Grand Design Solitude 375RES
may switch to a Ram
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
QCMan wrote:
Maybe debris on top of the slideout? It could keep the top from closing completely or distort the seals enough that it lets water in and it runs down the sides. If it is leaking from the bottom as you are driving the bottom bulb seal needs to be replaced.

Bingo, the OP needs to extend his slides and get on top and remove any debris that has been caught in the wipe and regular seals. Debris will cause a leak of the seals. Doug

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Maybe debris on top of the slideout? It could keep the top from closing completely or distort the seals enough that it lets water in and it runs down the sides. If it is leaking from the bottom as you are driving the bottom bulb seal needs to be replaced.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

fowlthing
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I believe the water is only coming in after slides are in... and water is coming in underneath the slide.

I will need to really watch and see if it is after fully retracted or maybe as we slide in water is dragged inside.

Great point... thanks for the insight.
2017 Ford 350 SRW
Grand Design Solitude 375RES
may switch to a Ram

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The "wipe seal" will NOT stop water from being pulled into the RV when retracting in Rain or if you have an accumilation of water on the roof. If you do not have a slide cover, this type cover minimizes water intrusion when retracting. If you can, you ALWAYS want to level the RV with the slide out side of the RV slightly(1 inch) lower than the other side to help water run off. If you have slides on both sides, this you cannot do.

PS. Are you stating water comes in AFTER fully retracted in rain?