Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tuner like “5 Star Tune “
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tuner like “5 Star Tune “

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/21 11:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a Charger that got a tuner on it (Diablosport Predator) before its first oil change.

The car is still running, 15 years and almost 400,000 miles later. The engine and transmission are internally untouched. I recall it turned 200,000 miles at over 100MPH and 300,000 miles enroute to a HPDE.

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ">
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/21 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jarlaxle wrote:

I saw a Charger that got a tuner on it (Diablosport Predator) before its first oil change.

The car is still running, 15 years and almost 400,000 miles later. The engine and transmission are internally untouched. I recall it turned 200,000 miles at over 100MPH and 300,000 miles enroute to a HPDE.

There was a guy years ago that did mobile tuning for the Dodge cars. He was leaving a wake of grenaded motors in his wake. As more and more people ended up with destroyed engines, people who dared issue negative comments were threatened with lawsuits, and IRC, there were a couple that got filed. His reputation eventually caught up with him and he went away.
As I said earlier, I won't use a tuner on a truck that is pulling a trailer. OEM's spend millions and millions making sure they calibrate for ALL atmospheric conditions. Tuners typically override built in safety margins.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/21 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Jarlaxle wrote:

There was a guy years ago that did mobile tuning for the Dodge cars. He was leaving a wake of grenaded motors in his wake. As more and more people ended up with destroyed engines, people who dared issue negative comments were threatened with lawsuits, and IRC, there were a couple that got filed. His reputation eventually caught up with him and he went away.
As I said earlier, I won't use a tuner on a truck that is pulling a trailer. OEM's spend millions and millions making sure they calibrate for ALL atmospheric conditions. Tuners typically override built in safety margins.

The manuf dial the programming back a lot. I know it for a fact. They tune for various drivers and conditions. What one driver does may be completely different from the next. A good tuner (like 5star) puts in alot of time in R&D to get it right, they have a very good reputation for this reason. My F53 drives so much better because of the shift programming alone. And the throttle lag from the intrusive drive by wire is pretty much gone!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/21 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Jarlaxle wrote:

No, they don't. They just understand that people have different priorities. The biggest changes on the Charger were tuning for 89-octane fuel, making the cylinder-shutoff more aggressive, and tightening up the sloppy shifting. If anything, that will HELP the transmission.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tuner like “5 Star Tune “
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.