cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide toppers

Seabass69
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace the fabric on my slide toppers? WHat is the process or where do I start? I would like the exact fit ....
12 REPLIES 12

Seabass69
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I just placed my order with Stone Vos, great to deal withโ€ฆ..

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Other than the large LR slide, there is enough unused fabric to cut the used off and sew the cord back in...canโ€™t just reverse as the diameter of the cord is different on your Septer. Usually itโ€™s the thread that goes bad so have all 4 sides re-sewn while off. Some rollers can be pinned from the end and some have a hole in the roller that you put a nail in once you unroll it all the way before taking one end off so you can slide the fabric out of the roller. Local canvas shop charges me $120 to re-sew all 4 which I remove from on top by myself.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
Stone Vos -- Bill Willard

Seabass69
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone

corgidad
Explorer
Explorer
I will also recommend Stone Vos, Just received my new slide toppers and awning fabric from them. The quality is above and beyond any other fabric I have ever used. The customer service is second to none. Give Ingrid a calll you will not be sorry.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stone Vos in Brooksville, FL is the best and reliable source.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Stone Vos they make the best quality awning fabrics, great service, incredible warranty, excellent product.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might not need to replace it.. Often there is enough fabric on the roll you can simply reverse it
Extend the slide. Pin the roller (You will need to find instructions for that) and bring slide back in a bit, You can then dismount the roller. On the body end you may have to remove a screw or two and "Spread" the channel a bit. then slide the thing out or pull the rib and pull it out (id' slide rib and all. or to be more precise I did) unroll fabric. but body end in roller. put roller end in body and reassemble. If there is enough fabric, if not ... take old fabric to RV store or other (Canvas tarp) store and they can provide replacement.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I took mine to a marine canvas shop. They were able to match the fabric and make exact replacements.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't want another CareLess designed to outlast the warranty topper so ordered from http://stonevos.com/index.php/about-us/.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Seabass69
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I should have
worded it better, where should I look at buying them from?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Find instructions for your mfg. I extended the slide, locked the roller in place, retract slide some, remove screws in roof channel, remove roller with topper from the roof channel, replaced the topper on the ground and reinstalled. 2 people and ladders were needed. 4 hours for 4 toppers.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob