cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overnight camping in Delaware

Johnny_Hurryup
Explorer
Explorer
Later this month we're camping in Frontiertown near Ocean City Md. Since it's more than a five hour ride from my home, we would like to go a day early and stay overnight and hope to have only an hour or so ride on our arrival day in Frontiertown. So far though, all the State parks have a two-night minimum. I know that there's a Walmart just about an hour away in Milford Delaware, and I have stayed overnight there years ago, but I'd prefer a real park of some sort. Any suggestions??
15 REPLIES 15

spoon059 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

We were interested in Massey's Landing.. that is until we checked into the cost -

Yea, its pricey for sure. And its not convenient to the ocean, its on the other side of the bay and requires a decent drive to get to the ocean. I haven't been for those 2 reasons, but I hear its nice...

We are in the group that "would pay for better" . . we visited there a few years back while staying at DSSP.. was not impressed... Not for the cost I would have been paying..

AGAIN, That's only MY opinion...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
At those prices may as well rent an ocean front condo

I tend to agree with you until I checked the prices of an ocean front condo.

Have you seen the current prices for car rentals? (If you can find one). $549.00 per week รท for a compact. With taxes and fees a Mitsubishi Mirage will set you back about $640.00 at Enterprise.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
ferndaleflyer wrote:

I tend to agree with you until I checked the prices of an ocean front condo.
The condo price makes the private CG prices seam reasonable.
Comparing resort area pricing to a remote CG is misleading.
Comparing a for profit private CG to a tax payer subsidized CG is also apples to oranges.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:

We were interested in Massey's Landing.. that is until we checked into the cost -

Yea, its pricey for sure. And its not convenient to the ocean, its on the other side of the bay and requires a decent drive to get to the ocean. I haven't been for those 2 reasons, but I hear its nice...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
All private CGs on the DELMARVA are foully expensive. Best shot at an overnight is Killens Pond & make it a Sunday thru Thursday night.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

spoon059 wrote:
Big Oak Campground
Massey's Landing
Deep Branch Family Campground- 2 night on weekends

Coveside RV Site
Site amenities: 20-Amp | 30-Amp | 50-Amp | Back-In | Cable | Electricity | Fire Ring | Pet-Friendly | Picnic Table | Sewer Hook-Up | Water Hook-Up | Wi-Fi
There is a 2 night minimum over the requested period of time
$149.00
Avg per night

Coveside Deluxe RV Site
Site amenities: 20-Amp | 30-Amp | 50-Amp | Back-In | Cable | Concrete Pad | Electricity | Fire Ring | Patio Furniture | Pet-Friendly | Picnic Table | Sewer Hook-Up | Water Hook-Up | Wi-Fi
$179.00
Avg per night

Landing Club RV Site (Water view)
Site amenities: 20-Amp | 30-Amp | 50-Amp | Back-In | Cable | Charcoal Grill | Electricity | Fire Ring | Paved Parking | Pet-Friendly | Picnic Table | Sewer Hook-Up | Water Hook-Up | Wi-Fi
$249.00
Avg per night
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big Oak Campground
Massey's Landing
Deep Branch Family Campground- 2 night on weekends
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
ford truck guy wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Pay for two, stay for one. It will seem like a bargain after the prices they r8pe you with at Frontiertown.

AMEN.. have not been there in many years... Since we found De State Seashore State Park... $47.00 for paved-Water-Sewer-50AMP...

I agree Delaware seashore park is a better bargain, but the new section at frontier town is very nice. If you have kids it's hard to beat Frontiertowne. If kids are less the focus De. seashore park is hard to beat and more affordable.
Correct Trax,Splendide

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked and could book a single night stay at Lums Pond in July, keep in mind it was a Monday night
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

GDS-3950BH wrote:
Pay for two, stay for one. It will seem like a bargain after the prices they r8pe you with at Frontiertown.

AMEN.. have not been there in many years... Since we found De State Seashore State Park... $47.00 for paved-Water-Sewer-50AMP...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

There is a truck/REST stop on route 1 right outside Smyrna Delaware.. plant of parking spots and not a lot of big rigs overnight there.... Clean and about 1-1/2 hrs North of Frontier Town..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Delaware Beaches Jellystone Park .
I have stayed there years ago. Its fairly close and will likely have openings.
Killens Ponds State Park in DE or Lums Pond are my preferred choices but they may not have openings.
Correct Trax,Splendide

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer