Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

....new truck camper manufacturer in Quebec

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Guys:

....here is a new truck camper manufacturer....located in Quebec. Loki.

Quite interesting. They seem to be positioned between a Cirrus and EarthRoamer (well, kind of EarthRoamer, as Loki is removable).

Units will be made for Ford Ranger/Tacoma, all the way up to F350 /F550 levels.

here-->
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou
22 REPLIES 22

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Than inflation can make $170k normal pricing for TC in next year.
I just check pool chlorinators and the prices tripled since last season.
Food prices went 20-50 % up during pandemic.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
I believe the RV industry will cool in the next couple of years and you will see the market flooded with slightly used RV’s, because people will go back to their old ways of travel and recreating.

....yeah. Sounds right. Boom and bust cycles. Eventually, deals will appear.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
silversand wrote:
Jim:

They are positioning into the "expedition overlanding" cohort it appears. Competing directly with truck campers like OverlandEx here--> where pop-up truck campers start at $72,000 CAD. And competing with truck camper expedition manufacturers like Nimbl pop-up ($121,000 with flatbed tray without truck)....and many others. Buyers seem to be lined up around the block to buy them.... all.

I read on the Loki site that they are opening a manufacturing plant in Colorado, too. I'd bet that they will probably open a manufacturing facility in western Canada before too long. They will likely do extremely well. Especially these years, with the entire RV manufacturing industry working at more than 100% capacity.

I believe the RV industry will cool in the next couple of years and you will see the market flooded with slightly used RV’s, because people will go back to their old ways of travel and recreating. Because of Covid many people were looking for ways to travel and recreate that didn’t involve hotels or air travel, because they weren’t available, so they bought RV’s.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Fisherman wrote:
There's probably a small yuppie group that would shell out a pile of money for that. I know I grew up during the era where the value of money vs product was pounded into me. I wouldn't care if it had gold plated taps and door handles. there's no justification for that price.

This commentary pretty much sums up why the mainstream RV industry is the way that it is today. That is, poorly constructed, lacking in quality control, etc..

The reality is that quality product costs money, and people touting the whole "value" aspect are the ones that will buy the cheapest unit on the lot.

I wish this new outfit all the best, but I suspect they've already priced themselves out of the market.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Had Enough wrote:
Missing a lot of stuff. How is it attached to the truck also??

....probably attached through removable panels inside the camper near the 4 corners...onto those aircraft cargo attachment rails. But I really don't know for sure.

The jacks I believe are hidden inside the body (the camper shell wall) and drop down, or, slide out, and pivot down.
Silver

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Yuppies might find it cute but it does nothing for me.
Black? No bueno around here.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Jim:

They are positioning into the "expedition overlanding" cohort it appears. Competing directly with truck campers like OverlandEx here--> where pop-up truck campers start at $72,000 CAD. And competing with truck camper expedition manufacturers like Nimbl pop-up ($121,000 with flatbed tray without truck)....and many others. Buyers seem to be lined up around the block to buy them.... all.

I read on the Loki site that they are opening a manufacturing plant in Colorado, too. I'd bet that they will probably open a manufacturing facility in western Canada before too long. They will likely do extremely well. Especially these years, with the entire RV manufacturing industry working at more than 100% capacity.
Silver

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Missing a lot of stuff. How is it attached to the truck also??

One thing I think they got right is getting rid of the dinette. What a waste of sitting space a dinette is. That’s the worst part about my North Star.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Oh, ok it has a “toilet”.....
$135k?? Roflmaouipms!
I didn’t read the price on the website....yeah it’s a dumb idea, even in Canadian dollars!
Best of luck to them. Hope they kept their day jobs!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don’t really understand who they are building those for at 135K to start. But, in a few years, I’m sure we will see them all over the place. 😉

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Well, certainly not the prettiest girl in school, and with a $130K+ price tag, she's not likely to get many invites to the prom either. As with all new businesses, I wish them luck, and feel they're going to need all of it they can get.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II
For +$135,000 I'll stick with my Northstar.
Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
I think I read the weight for the 1 ton truck model at around 3000LBS.

They write that the starting price is $130 odd k. So, I deduce that this would be for the model that fits the Ford Ranger...?

And yeah, looking at photos, no bathroom...not even a cassette toilet.
Silver

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
On a hot sunny day...it will be mighty warm inside.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad