cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone had experience with Bluetti lion power stations?

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone here have experience porting around a Bluetti AC200 (P) lithium-ion power station bumping around in the truck camper environment ?

We are looking at acquiring one. These, built with LG Chem's 3C pouch cells (that alone is phenomenal).

What we like about the "spec", is that the unit has dual independent MPPT controllers built in; can "handle" up to 150 volts incoming from a solar array (say, 700 watt array). Charge time from 10% to full under optimum in something like 2.7 to 3.3 hours flat. Working temp from 0C up to +40C. Charging low temperature protection (but we never expect its charging environment to ever be below 7C -ish....ever). 5 ways to charge it. 2000 watt pure sinewave (inverted to AC) continuous load at 1800 to 1900 watt draw. And, the interesting part, an aircraft twist connect 12V DC 25A output (I can connect to our truck camper 12V DC mains). I've seen an AC200P power up an air conditioner (7000btu) in a good reputable review.

I was toying around with building my own lithium-ion batteries (a pack of 3.2V LiFePO4 units strapped together), but once you add up the home-made LiFePO4 (in the $700 CAD range), and 2000watt pure sinewave, and the 2x MPPT controllers and AC power brick and the array of 7 cables, and sockets to add into drilled holes in a battery box....and, a touch-screen display....holy crow....WAY more expensive than a Bluetti 2000Wh unit. Worse, if I buy all the separate parts, I'll essentially have no warranty. The Bluetti, has a 2 year warranty (with possibility to acquire a 3 year warranty if I buy during a deal event).

??
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou
10 REPLIES 10

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
silversand wrote:
Had you ever experienced charging "it" in near 32F conditions?

The coldest it got in my trailer last winter was 40F. No problems with the AC200.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, all, for the thoughts!

I found Hobotech to run some very comprehensive testing. He strives to blow up (push power station testing) to a point where often, the power station fries. Love this kind of testing.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
silversand - the U toob channel Hobotech does specs and performance tests on many power stations including Bluetti.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yeti is in the top three IMO. The Bluetti and Jackery are a better bargain though.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"if you want it portable to move around"

At 60 pounds it isn't that portable. My Westinghouse inverter is only 43.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I have a smaller one and it is top shelf in my opinion..Jackery is it's only competitor quality wise...

Go here and join the group and read all about it including the idol drain it appears to have..

Bluetti group
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
so I just looked that up, and I have a few concerns with it. 2000 watt hours translates roughly to 166AH, and it is pouch cells which are the lowest energy density and the most supseptable to damage of the three standard formats of LFP.

its on sale for 2600.00 but like you said a DIY 280ah LFP would cost you about 900.00.

you can gt a 200 watt pur sine wave inverter of the quality in that unit for about 2 to 300 bucks, and I am not sure why you would need two Mppt controlers but I got mine (40 amp) for 200.00, as for touch screen display if you want that I guess but there 30 bucks on amazon and I guess and ardurino could be programed to display all your things you want, so another 40 bucks...

if all comes down to how you want to use it, if you want it portble to move around and dont want to have to do anything to build it then if you can aford it ya it might be the way to go.

if you looking for the best battery preformance with a solar system in your trailer I would go the DIY route and not worry about the display, get a bluetooth BMS and you have your touch screen display on your phone.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
IMO its an expensive battery dressed up in a fancy plastic box.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, for your experience on the Bluetti soon2bexpat!

You probably keep the Bluetti in the trailer (or, truck) I imagine. Had you ever experienced charging "it" in near 32F conditions?
Silver

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an AC200 back in November. I got the pre-production price of $999. I've been using it to full-time ever since, although in a travel trailer, not a truck camper. No problems with bumpy travel.

It's hooked up to a 350 W solar panel, which charges it from the teens to 100% by the mid-afternoon. Except in winter. I was at Imperial Dam and from Dec-Jan, it would need a boost from the genny. But that was running a mattress pad heater all night, too, so I would be down to 10-15% by the AM.

For me, it's perfect. I can run my desktop computer, my espresso machine, water kettle, rice cooker, etc. No regrets to this purchase.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g