Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I-95 rest area parking for RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> I-95 rest area parking for RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/21 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

great deal more, none of which under our rights he had any right to ask, however under the circumstances we complied to diffuse the situation.

I have always worked on the principal of cooperating with the police if at all possible and most of the time you get good treatment in return. A warning instead of a ticket.
However if one went too far, asking to search the vehicle for example, then I would balk. Never got to that point so far, Yes Sir, No Sir turnith away police wrath.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/21 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got a couple of real nice ones down towards West Palm. I have had those lot attendants find me a spot before and never once have been asked to move on. I go down every year between Christmas and new years. My mess is 72+ ft long. Someone mentioned the turnpike or I-75 don't know what they are thinking about. I-95 is right here.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/21 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QCMan wrote:

A nap is one thing but 6 to 7 hours is a whole different story. First, you will have big rigs pulling in and out on each side of you and that will limit how much sleep you get. If the limit is 3 hours, you might be able to squeeze 4 out of it but do realize that 95 is a heavily patrolled road by various entities. Why not just make it relaxing and overnight in one of the many campgrounds that line the route. Safer and way more civilized. The over the road guys do not stay long. If the wheels are not turning they are not making money.

The time limit is a tool to chase out the undesirables, in my many decades of spending around a dozen nights a year in rest areas I’ve not once been chased out, and in several instances actually been directed to a better spot in the rest area by LEO’s or security.

As for not using a campground the OP is likely another person like me who out of respect for people actually camping wouldn’t even think of rolling in at midnight or later and then rolling back out at zero-dark-thirty and disturbing a bunch of people.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/21 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best to check each state for their take on this scenario, although I haven't gone that far myself. Just like Walmart or other retailers that allow overnighting at some locations, if I see others overnighting I assume it is allowed and just find an appropriate spot to put out slides.

It has been awhile since I planned to overnight at a rest stop, but circumstances last month lead to doing just that at the last minute. Simply pulled in where the big rig trucks were parked, popped on the genny and ran both AC units, heard zero noise from adjoining commercial trucks.

Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/21 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were Florida residents for 70 years. I’ve spent the night along I-10, I-75, and I-95 many tines without any problems. Wed pull in, make a bathroom run and hit the sack till daylight., never a problem. We’ve even joined the truckers overflow on the entrance ramps back onto the interstate.

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being a retired LEO, the Deputy that stopped at the camper to ask questions is within his right to do so. I'm not certain if he/she had PC or was trying to fill his contact log. I do have personal feelings about asking about firearms being kept in a person's place of residence while on the road, but that's another topic.
In all the years we've traveled, no one every enforced any "rules" in rest stops. I do believe folks should be more attentive in dumping their trash and stop peeing in rest stop parking lots.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> I-95 rest area parking for RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.