cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator fan

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a new Grand Design Reflection 31MB and while camping over the weekend the refrig fan got very noisy. The refrig is a 8 cu.ft. Dometic. I removed the upper vent panel on the slide out that gives access to the small fan. The finned device and the heat sensor was not hot at all, not even warm so I unplugged the sensor to stop the fan. The next day I plugged it back in and the fan didn't come on. I suspect that the heat sensor failed and turned on the fan. Also, I think that the fan might be going out since it was so noisy. It hasn't come on again but I don't trust the sensor so I'm going to replace it.
Question: is there a better, quieter fan to install than the original?
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The larger models do have fans... MY RV service technician does not like them and pointed to a minor collection of fiber crud on my heat exchanger..
Of coruse it took 15 years to "Crud up" and it was very minor so I like the fan
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My absorption Dometic doesn't have a fan and works just fine. Try yours without it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Fridge OEM fans are CHEAP JUNK

Buy new T-sat for the Condenser FIN
OEM are set to close at 130*F FIN temp (start Fan) and open at 115*F (stop Fan)

Buy a computer DC Fan...they are quiet and reliable
Two would even be better
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe fan is a dud being so noisy to begin with. RV fridges in slideouts need their fans to improve ventilation which is key to any absorption fridge, I can only barely hear our fridge fans if I happen to be walking right next to our exterior fridge access panel, zero sound can be heard from interior. I assume it is under warranty, dealer should be able to confirm if fan is overly noisy, with the way these factories slap RVs together to get them out the door fridges are often incorrectly installed.