cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fixed it

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Finally fixed the Newmar.. Who would have thought it required 2 flashers to get all the lights to work. and 1 can't be shorted .
Now what would have made 2 flashers to go at the same time?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
4 REPLIES 4

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tom/Barb wrote:
Now what would have made 2 flashers to go at the same time?

Just like when one headlight goes out, the second one isnโ€™t far behind.

Maybe when one relay fails it overloads the second one.

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
Not so funny things happen with electrical. One time on a trip to Florida my alternator quit changing, I pulled into a shady town in SC ,pulled the alt.rode my bicycle to the NAPA store, they didn't have any but decided to test it,it was fine,re installed it,not charging, put a battery charger on it overnight and headed down the road only to have the battery losing its charge again,r&r the alt again had it tested, charging fine,checked fuses all good,finally had a idea,changed all the fuses with new ones and the problem was solved. As these MHs get older the electronics will corrode.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
A short in the turn signal will take out both flashers. The 4-way flasher and the r/l flasher
If it's in the rear it will take out the brake lights as well.
Though the two flashers will not fail at the same time (One fails when you turn and the other when you try the 4-way) they may well fail between the same two inspection/test events.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bruce_Brown
Last sentence - a short somewhere? Maybe one you fixed along the way hunting this down and didn't even realize at the time.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910