Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: The Home Depot is my new Amazon
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> The Home Depot is my new Amazon

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 01:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got fed up with Amazon handing off their UPS shipping to the USPS for the 'last mile' delivery to my house. The post office does not deliver to my house, so I have to drive many miles to pick up even the largest and heaviest packages.

HD has comparable prices, fast delivery to my house and some RV supplies. FYI.

riltri

Husk & Steinhatchee

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I avoid Amazon as much as possible. HD, Walmart, Harbor Freight....there are lots of alternatives.

Blue Ridge Mtns - NC

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

riltri wrote:

I avoid Amazon as much as possible. HD, Walmart, Harbor Freight....there are lots of alternatives.
Good ideas.

joshuajim

Mojave Desert

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/21 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recently I needed some stain for my fence. I could drive 10 miles to HD and pay $29.99 for a gallon…. Or, have then deliver it to my door 2 day later for no additional cost. Which way should I go  [emoticon]

RVing since 1995.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joshuajim wrote:

Or, have them deliver it to my door 2 day later for no additional cost. Which way should I go  [emoticon]
Yeah. They've been really prompt about delivery. That's the one thing that drives me nuts.. waiting days and days for something to ship. Tried buying a generator from the White Cap company. What a joke that was.

They should have my spiffy new miter saw here in 3 days.

* This post was edited 06/08/21 03:37pm by 2oldman *

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joshuajim wrote:

Recently I needed some stain for my fence. I could drive 10 miles to HD and pay $29.99 for a gallon…. Or, have then deliver it to my door 2 day later for no additional cost. Which way should I go  [emoticon]

I would drive 10 miles and pick up the stain. If you go in person you know what you are getting and not something picked/shipped by a new employee who thinks all stains are the same.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 05:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

joshuajim wrote:

I would drive 10 miles and pick up the stain. If you go in person you know what you are getting and not something picked/shipped by a new employee who thinks all stains are the same.

What? If I order a gallon of CWF someone will send me a gallon of ACE Wood Royal? Come on man lol. I have gotten what I have ordered 100% of the time no matter if it's paint or a pair of underwear.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

joshuajim wrote:

When you order Home Depot home delivery, you don't just call them up and say "Hey, bring me some stain", you choose the exact brand/color you want online. The worse experience I've had is when their website says a product is available, but when the pick your order, it's out of stock and deleted.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

gbopp wrote:

joshuajim wrote:

What? If I order a gallon of CWF someone will send me a gallon of ACE Wood Royal? Come on man lol. I have gotten what I have ordered 100% of the time no matter if it's paint or a pair of underwear.

If you order underwear, make sure you specify no one is wearing them.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

If you go in person you know what you are getting and not something picked/shipped by a new employee who thinks all stains are the same.
Perhaps you're thinking of Walmart groceries where they have the option to substitute...or you allow them to. I don't think it works like that at HD.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> The Home Depot is my new Amazon
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.