Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out power stuck "on"

Cainen
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I had a question:

I recently had a circuit breaker flip on my 5th wheel due to running too many appliances at once.

When I reset it everything was fine except the power switch to the slide outs is "on" whether it's in the on or off position(it's always lit up and the slide-out can be moved).

Is this dangerous for the slide-outs to be powered all the time? Should I contact an electrition to check the switch? Everything is running fine and my power to the rig seems to be within normal parameters(according to my surge protector on the power pole)

-Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
There has to be more than one RV tech in Yuma,

Get it checked now! Before something melts or, worse, catches on fire.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Please get it fixed asap.

At the very minimum find the fuse and pull it out.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Cainen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'm electricity dumb so I wont mess with it myself.

If I'm not planning on moving for the next 2 years, is it a priority, or safe to wait a bit without anything blowing up? We do have a local RV tech but he's out of the area for at least 4 months.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pull the plug, remove the battery negative cable, wait a minute, reattach and see if it's fixed. Don't do this if you're not aware of the potential safety issues.

You definitely don't want the slide to move while you're traveling. Don't expect an electrician to know much about 12V DC power, a mobile RV tech might...
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Slide outs are on the 12 volt side of RV life.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.