Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 03:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."
You do realize that a realtor doesn't work for the buyer right?
They work for the seller who pays themfrom the sale proceeds, and signed a contract with them, before any buyer is even on the scene.

PhilH............

Perhaps you need to get a Realtor involved in your truck order fiasco?

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 05:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."
They work for the seller who pays themfrom the sale proceeds, and signed a contract with them, before any buyer is even on the scene.

You need to educate yourself. Have you ever heard of a "buyer's agent"? A Realtor can act in a capacity for a buyer OR a seller. As a buyer's agent, the Realtor represents the buyer's interests exclusively.

There, your lesson for the day. You're welcome[emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/21 05:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

You need to educate yourself. Have you ever heard of a "buyer's agent"? A Realtor can act in a capacity for a buyer OR a seller. As a buyer's agent, the Realtor represents the buyer's interests exclusively.

... for a price !

2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 07:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

curt12914 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

... for a price !

No, that's not how it works. When I act as a buyer's agent, the buyer pays me NOTHING. When the sale is made, I get paid at closing as the buyer's agent, typically half of the total commission -- half goes to the seller's agent and half to the buyer's agent -- the total commission amount being paid by the seller.

Whew, I'm doing a lot of educating today. I'm tired! [emoticon]

joshuajim

Mojave Desert

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/21 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

curt12914 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

... for a price !

No, that's not how it works. When I act as a buyer's agent, the buyer pays me NOTHING. When the sale is made, I get paid at closing as the buyer's agent, typically half of the total commission -- half goes to the seller's agent and half to the buyer's agent -- the total commission amount being paid by the seller.

Are you implying that the buyers agent is in cahoots with the sellers agent to assure that they receive a commission no matter how it affects the buyer? Seems that way.

RVing since 1995.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joshuajim wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

curt12914 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

... for a price !

Are you implying that the buyers agent is in cahoots with the sellers agent to assure that they receive a commission no matter how it affects the buyer? Seems that way.

Absolutely not. Many times (if I'm the buyer's agent) I don't even see the sellers agent until closing. You need to realize, not everyone in this life is crooked, and if you approach things looking at it in that way, I must say I feel sorry for you.

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 01:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Start another thread if you guys want to argue about REALTORS!

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

Start another thread if you guys want to argue about REALTORS!

Jawohl, mein Kommandant

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Oh my, so comparing ONE experience of ONE person trumps 30 years of experience with salespeople? Oh well, guess all Realtors are crooked as well, based on your daughter's experience. BTW, there's a Board of Realtors and a Real Estate Commission in every state. Maybe you should suggest she press the "up" button to escalate matters if these issues are that severe. Dishonesty amongst real estate professionals as well as home inspectors is not taken lightly by the governing bodies. But weren't we talking about car salespeople?
Wow, did you misinterpret what I wrote! I asked you, honestly curious, for your opinion based on what you've observed as an insider in the real estate industry. And then I related an anecdote concerning my daughter's (much more limited) view (as an outsider). Sheesh, have a beer and cool off.

* This post was edited 06/10/21 04:27pm by rexlion *

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

I am aware that can happen..... but it is rare.
The reason it is rare is that the buyer would have to pay the realtor a fee upfront... (they like to get paid you know.) And since normal people do not have that kind of coin .. It usually happens with ultra high end properties where everyone has a lot of money.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1380watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.