cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Border open?

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
More details to come, but it looks as though the border into Canada will be open to fully vaccinated travelers in the not too distant future. Looks like there may be some additional restrictions for partially vaccinated people, but it's a hopeful start.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!
14 REPLIES 14

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
pigman1 wrote:
What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-soon-say-how-it-will-ease-curbs-us-border-fully-vaccin...

This was said over a month ago. and the results are???

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, (9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

:S

Has nothing to do with politics, but everything to do with people's safety.

โ€œSafetyโ€ according to which political party?

Last time I looked the rest of the world wasn't made up of reps or dems and they got to share in the pandemic too. Many of the same precautions were implement all around the globe. Didn't look like party affiliation to me.
Too many people get but hurt if they can't have their own way.

Where in the US or a state constitution does it give government the responsibility to "keep folks safe"?

I have now heard "we're keeping you safe" or some rewording of it enough times in a year it makes me want to hurl chunks when I hear it again.

Quit being wussies. We're well on our way to raising a 2nd generation in a row of those. My HR dept and new hires over the last few years confirm that. Personal responsibility is very rare.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
pigman1 wrote:
What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-soon-say-how-it-will-ease-curbs-us-border-fully-vaccin...

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, (9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

Last time I looked the rest of the world wasn't made up of reps or dems and they got to share in the pandemic too. Many of the same precautions were implement all around the globe. Didn't look like party affiliation to me.
Too many people get but hurt if they can't have their own way.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Boon Docker wrote:
pigman1 wrote:

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
pigman1 wrote:

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
pigman1 wrote:
What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-soon-say-how-it-will-ease-curbs-us-border-fully-vaccinated-citizens-pm-2021-06-08/

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, 9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

I am having such a hard time holding my fingers..(tongue)...but, so far, so good.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
the anouncment was for fully vacanated canadians returning home. all it was is that they no longer have to quarenteen for 14 days , only for the time it takes to get a negitive test result. as for limited opening of the boarder, I am thinking september long weekend would be my guess. there is no camping available in BC or banff/jasper untill then anyaways, I have been trying to get a spot for a month now, its worse then when the boarders were open a few years ago ....

Steve

I guess I was lucky with BC Parks reservation system. We are set to head out again tomorrow morning on our 5th BC Parks camping trip this season, and we are staying in our Health region and havenโ€™t left the west Kootenays.
I will say that we reserved every site ( campground), on line 2 months ago when the reservation system opened up.
When I booked all my campground sites it showed very few unreserved sites available in theses campgrounds, so we grabbed what was available.
We have yet to be in one of these campgrounds that were even 1/4 full. Now we are only camping Monday to Friday morning so the weekend warriors arenโ€™t out yet. But everyone of these campgrounds showed there were just about fully booked with โ€œmaybeโ€ 1 or 2 available sites, and when we got there the place was nearly empty. Even the FCFS site werenโ€™t full. So if you live close to any Provincial campgrounds, go have a peek, and Iโ€™ll bet they are not full on the weekdays. Heck we went to a local PP last weekend to visit some friends and that campground wasnโ€™t even full on a weekend.
Something is fishy with the BC PP reservation system.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
the anouncment was for fully vacanated canadians returning home. all it was is that they no longer have to quarenteen for 14 days , only for the time it takes to get a negitive test result. as for limited opening of the boarder, I am thinking september long weekend would be my guess. there is no camping available in BC or banff/jasper untill then anyaways, I have been trying to get a spot for a month now, its worse then when the boarders were open a few years ago ....

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't hold your breath. We are getting close but it still may be a while.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
When everyone is ready.

Canada/US Border
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
Ah , looks like this new change coming only applies to Canadians and PR's . It's still up in the air about international travel , and there is a concern over the dropping vaccination rates in the US. I can see them opening up the border to other countries first and not the US!
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Source?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Hope it works both way's, lost a few friends last yr and were not able to attend their passing.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
When the Canadians are ready. No need to rush. Slowing American vaccination rates are a concern.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad