Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: Border open?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Border open?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More details to come, but it looks as though the border into Canada will be open to fully vaccinated travelers in the not too distant future. Looks like there may be some additional restrictions for partially vaccinated people, but it's a hopeful start.

Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When the Canadians are ready. No need to rush. Slowing American vaccination rates are a concern.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Johnny G1

Clearwater, British Columbia ,Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope it works both way's, lost a few friends last yr and were not able to attend their passing.

98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 28' 5th wheel Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Source?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah , looks like this new change coming only applies to Canadians and PR's . It's still up in the air about international travel , and there is a concern over the dropping vaccination rates in the US. I can see them opening up the border to other countries first and not the US!

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When everyone is ready.

Canada/US Border

2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

happycamper1942

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't hold your breath. We are getting close but it still may be a while.

2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the anouncment was for fully vacanated canadians returning home. all it was is that they no longer have to quarenteen for 14 days , only for the time it takes to get a negitive test result. as for limited opening of the boarder, I am thinking september long weekend would be my guess. there is no camping available in BC or banff/jasper untill then anyaways, I have been trying to get a spot for a month now, its worse then when the boarders were open a few years ago ....

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

the anouncment was for fully vacanated canadians returning home. all it was is that they no longer have to quarenteen for 14 days , only for the time it takes to get a negitive test result. as for limited opening of the boarder, I am thinking september long weekend would be my guess. there is no camping available in BC or banff/jasper untill then anyaways, I have been trying to get a spot for a month now, its worse then when the boarders were open a few years ago ....

Steve

I guess I was lucky with BC Parks reservation system. We are set to head out again tomorrow morning on our 5th BC Parks camping trip this season, and we are staying in our Health region and haven’t left the west Kootenays.
I will say that we reserved every site ( campground), on line 2 months ago when the reservation system opened up.
When I booked all my campground sites it showed very few unreserved sites available in theses campgrounds, so we grabbed what was available.
We have yet to be in one of these campgrounds that were even 1/4 full. Now we are only camping Monday to Friday morning so the weekend warriors aren’t out yet. But everyone of these campgrounds showed there were just about fully booked with “maybe” 1 or 2 available sites, and when we got there the place was nearly empty. Even the FCFS site weren’t full. So if you live close to any Provincial campgrounds, go have a peek, and I’ll bet they are not full on the weekdays. Heck we went to a local PP last weekend to visit some friends and that campground wasn’t even full on a weekend.
Something is fishy with the BC PP reservation system.
Soup.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 08:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/c........fully-vaccinated-citizens-pm-2021-06-08/

This was said over a month ago. and the results are???

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, (9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Border open?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.