Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVing in Canada and Alaska: Border open?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Border open?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pigman1 wrote:

What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canada-soon-say-how-it-will-ease-curbs-us-border-fully-vaccinated-citizens-pm-2021-06-08/

This was said over a month ago. and the results are???

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, 9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

I am having such a hard time holding my fingers..(tongue)...but, so far, so good.

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pigman1 wrote:

What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/c........fully-vaccinated-citizens-pm-2021-06-08/

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, (9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

[emoticon]

Has nothing to do with politics, but everything to do with people's safety.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/21 07:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

pigman1 wrote:

What a joke. They're initiating a "GROUP" to study it....again? https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/c........fully-vaccinated-citizens-pm-2021-06-08/

Well, no problem. As I said previously, if the border didn't open by April 21, we wouldn't be heading north this year or ever again. And it didn't and we aren't. We have a contract pending on the RV and will NOT be buying another. It was a good run while it lasted, over 250,000 RV miles since 2003, (9 driving trips to Alaska and Canada) but as long as the idiot politicians continue to play politics, they won't have us in the game. A great time to sell a high end RV though.

[emoticon]

“Safety” according to which political party?

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/21 12:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

Boon Docker wrote:

pigman1 wrote:

[emoticon]

Last time I looked the rest of the world wasn't made up of reps or dems and they got to share in the pandemic too. Many of the same precautions were implement all around the globe. Didn't look like party affiliation to me.
Too many people get but hurt if they can't have their own way.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/21 02:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

Boon Docker wrote:

pigman1 wrote:

[emoticon]

Last time I looked the rest of the world wasn't made up of reps or dems and they got to share in the pandemic too. Many of the same precautions were implement all around the globe. Didn't look like party affiliation to me.
Too many people get but hurt if they can't have their own way.

Where in the US or a state constitution does it give government the responsibility to "keep folks safe"?

I have now heard "we're keeping you safe" or some rewording of it enough times in a year it makes me want to hurl chunks when I hear it again.

Quit being wussies. We're well on our way to raising a 2nd generation in a row of those. My HR dept and new hires over the last few years confirm that. Personal responsibility is very rare.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Border open?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.